• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FEE Error when attaching Rokinon AE 14mm wide angle lens

Smile
#1 rcmagraw
I'm getting this error, "FEE" when I try shooting with Rokinon AE 14mm wide angle lens on the Nikon d7000 camera body. The interesting thing is - when I put the aperture at F22 the error goes away. However when it change it to a wider aperture I get the error again. I did some googling a some users mentioned it could be related to the connection point between the lens and camera body failing. But this can't be the case because my other lens work just fine on the camera body.

So I'm thinking it could be one of two things. Either the lens is broken or I'm getting a setting wrong on my camera.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
#2 rcmagraw
Success! After a couple hours of banging my head against the desk. I finally figured out. If you run into this problem here is what worked for me. Go to the Custom Settings Menu> f Controls > f6 Customize command dials> Aperture setting> and the choose Aperture Ring.

Note: make sure your in one of the following modes "M" "A" "S" or "P" otherwise the settings won't work.
#3 Satya
Hi
Thanks for this message, I have the same issue , when using 85mm Rokinon.
I have adjusted the settings to 'aperture ring', and is fantastic , the issue is resolved !!
Thanks once again
Satya
#4 Rodolfo
(2014-08-23, 06:28)rcmagraw Wrote: Success! After a couple hours of banging my head against the desk. I finally figured out. If you run into this problem here is what worked for me. Go to the Custom Settings Menu> f Controls > f6 Customize command dials> Aperture setting> and the choose Aperture Ring.

Note: make sure your in one of the following modes "M" "A" "S" or "P" otherwise the settings won't work.

Thank you very much for these information. Now I solve same problem.
#5 sephillips60
(2014-08-23, 06:28)rcmagraw Wrote: Success! After a couple hours of banging my head against the desk. I finally figured out. If you run into this problem here is what worked for me. Go to the Custom Settings Menu> f Controls > f6 Customize command dials> Aperture setting> and the choose Aperture Ring.

I'm new to this forum but have been having the same issue with my 9year old D-90....which has a different Menu setting than described above.  Any suggestions?  Thank you  for any help.
#6 sephillips60

I'm new to this forum but have been having the same issue with my 9year old D-90....which has a different Menu setting than described above.  Any suggestions?  Thank you  for any help.

...also check out: