• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wrong dimensions being listed

Bug
#1 wee_ag
OS X 10.7.4
LRT 1.9.4

Very frustrating bug or something funky where the dimensions of SOME of my files are being displayed incorrectly making metadata changes incorrect by changing the crop of my images. I've cropped all my working RAW files to a specific size and saved them as .jpg. However, when I load them into LRT about 6 show the correct dimension (1920x1080) while the rest show the original RAW dimension (5616x3744) AND the edit date is also incorrectly shown. I've restarted LTR, deleted the images, re-saved them, deleted metadata, refreshed the screen, restarted the computer. I can't figure this out and it makes the program impossible to use. See image here (compare the details of size & edited date):

[Image: https://img.skitch.com/20120727-ctpd7dwf...awmej1.jpg]

I've successfully used LTR on a few projects but this one seems to have broken something. Sad

Thanks for any help!
#2 Gunther
I think, in which way whatsoever, your Exif data carries wrong sizes. Obviously some of the cropped images have the cropped size and some the original size. Since LRT reads the sizes from Exif via Exiftool, if there are different sizes in the metadata, that's what it gets. Unfortunately.
You could try using the "clear-metadata" function in LRTimelapse. Than save. Now Shift-Reload the sequence and after finishing Initialize again. Maybe this fixes it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 wee_ag
Thanks for the reply!

After posting this I gave that a try with no luck - I figured something with the metadata/exif data went a little screwy, so I went into the folder with the original RAW files, deleted the metadata files that Bridge produced when I edited them and then went into Bridge and cleared the camera RAW settings (Edit -> Develop Settings -> Clear Settings). Then I followed the workflow tutorial with the original RAW files which now displayed the correct dimensions (my earlier confusion on the wrong date being shown was because it lists the creation date, not modification date in LTR).

So, needless to say everything is working now and hopefully the solution may help others. Just wish I knew what I did to mess things up the first time so I don't repeat the mistake.
#4 Gunther
Glad you got it working. Clearing Metadata in LRTimelapse and reinitializing as I stated above should have had the same effect.
All the best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: