• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Files in disorder

#1 keksi
Hello Gunther,
I am regularely experiencing a disorder of pictures in the preview window. This time I didnt open the files in lightroom before so I can exclude that the mistake is from there. Editing in lightroom doesnt change anything by the way.

All I did here was clicking on the folder containing the shooting. There is always at least 1 picture without preview followed by another another picture later on in the list showing the belonging graphic content. This time its frame 2 and 233, but it always happens on different positions. I get up to three of these strange pairs.

I have made screenshots of frame 2 and 233. The latter appears being a spike in the blue curve, but thats just because its in the wrong position (233 instead of 2).

I dont know exactly when that started, but im sure I already had it in version 1.8 and in LR3-Modus. Fortunately all editing works normal, and in lightroom everything is normal also. But its annoying, and I think that should be fixed, or maybe it is my mistake? Im working on a Windows7-PC, Pictures come from Panasonic GH1.

#2 keksi
Here is a second screenshot showing the file with the belonging graphic content in the wrong position (couldnt add it before cause of file size problems).

#3 keksi
Well i have to correct myself: That disorder is a problem in Lightroom. I am just editing another Video (a holy grail!), and i found out, that a pair of keyframes defined in LRT, located directly beside an "empty" pic, appears at the wrong position in lightroom. In lightroom the 2 keyframes dont cover the jump, but are just beside the jump. Thus manual correction of that jump didnt work.
#4 Gunther
I'm chasing this bug already for some time and hope I have fixed it in 1.9.1. Please test the pre-version I sent you via email and give me feedback, Thank you!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Joachim Buambeki
I am having the same problem with 1.9.1
It is loading (what seems to me) random images from the sequence where I set the keyframes.

Can I help you with any more details Gunther?

David
Vimeo <<->> flickr
#6 Gunther
David, what exactly do you mean? The bug reported above was a situation that a preview from a wrong image was assigned. This should be fixed.

Regarding the sort order of a sequence: to be able to sort by Date/time LRT needs this information. It uses ExifTool to extract the Date/Time information when first initializing the sequence. After you once did this (colum Date/Time) is filled your sequence will be orderd by date time. If you want to sort lexicographically, you can check "Sort by filename"
#7 Joachim Buambeki
(2012-06-10, 10:33)gwegner Wrote: David, what exactly do you mean? The bug reported above was a situation that a preview from a wrong image was assigned.
This is exactly what happens in one sequence I have:
I did set my keyframes originally to 100, 200, 300, etc. and the incident appears at every old keyframe. LRT displays some (seemingly) random frame from the last third of the clip even though I changed the keyframes in the meantime. Every spike in the blue graph is caused because LRT is loading a preview image from the end of the sequence where there is higher mean (~.25 vs ~.35)
Processing the sequence in Bridge and AE didn't show any anomalies.
I also did check the "Sort by filename" box.

I attached a screenshot that hopefully helps to illustrate the issue.
EDIT: I had to reload the sequence for the screenshot and the "sort by filename" box isn't checked, but it doesn't change anything since filename and date are matching (changing the checkbox doesn't change anything)

Vimeo <<->> flickr
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#8 Gunther
If you edited the sequence with an older version you must update the previews with ctrl-reload
#9 Joachim Buambeki
I still have that problem, to be precise it got worse:
Now it is loading images from other folders somewhere inbetween the sequence. Every time I reload something else is messed up.
This session right now, it seems that it loads an image from the last opened folder as first image in the sequence.
Vimeo <<->> flickr
#10 Gunther
In such cases you should first check the log if something weird is going on. If for example the connection between ExifTool and LRTimelapse is broken this could happen. Than you should end LRTimelapse and any eventually orphaned ExifTool instances. After a fresh launch load the folder and Shift-Reload it to refresh the cached previews. This should get you up and running again.

...also check out: