• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Filter Images Luminance, Contrast, Hue Bug

#1 Jburden14
Hi Gunther,
I have noticed a bug twice with the Long Term filter. When I filter based on luminance, contrast and hue, hitting Filter actually deleted all 1000 or so images rather than the 50 or so I was wanting to have deleted based on L, C and H. First time It happened I thought it was user error, but It just happened to me again, almost deleting 1200 images instead of the 200 or so that it says in the remove section next to the filter button. This time I managed to catch it, when the pop up asking if I was sure I wanted to delete actually said delete 1200 images. It was at this point that I realised what had happened to me yesterday. It has never happened to me before. The unfortunate thing is its not like these files go into the trash can, there is no way that I understand how to get them back?

6.5.2 Beta

Thanks,
Jack
#2 Gunther
Hi Jack,
I think there is a misunderstanding in how the filters are supposed to be used.

You are not supposed to use the "Delete Images" function along with the Long term filter. This is because the filter will select the images that you would like to KEEP, not the ones you would remove. That's because when filtering, the curves etc. will be displayed for the selection only.

This is why on the filter panel you have the button "FILTER IMAGES". If you click on that, it will remove the images that are NOT SELECTED and will put them into a folder with suffix "REMOVED" (not delete them!!).

This will allow you to restore the original sequence by copying the Removed images back to the original folder. Once you are totally done with filtering, you might then delete the "REMOVED" folder.
Check out the attached screenshot, where you can see everything I described.

Bottomline: don't user "delete images" when working with the filters, use the filter button instead! I will see if I can add a warning message to catch that case where users might incidentally use Delete instead of Filter, when the filter panel is open.

Thanks for making me aware of this!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#3 Gunther
I've now implemented the attached warning dialog which will be in the next beta. Please subscribe to the beta channel (in the LRTimelapse settings) to receive a notification when it's available.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

...also check out: