• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 soulofwit
Don't worry, no babies.

But I did do my first somewhat successful Holy Grail attempt!

https://vimeo.com/104964527

2 questions remain, if someone (ahem, gunther) is savvy and willing enough to shell out their 2 cents!

1. There's a handful of little exposure mini-flickers in the first portion (the stairs). I was wide open at 2.8. Ideas?
2. In the second video, (the pier), how do I minimize the noticeable shifts in the apparent diameter of the rising sun? Should I be extra careful in the grading of the highlights and maybe do more keyframes towards the end so the Sun's size matches up in all the shots?

Note: I did 5 second intervals due to the the limitation on the crappy Polaroid Intervalometer. I would have preferred 3 seconds. I'm on a 5d iii, and I believe it's locking me out of adjustments any interval shorter than 5 seconds, writing RAW. I ordered Gunther's intervalometer to verify that it's the intervalometer and not a camera setting I have. Maybe a 3 second interval will help with problem number 2!

Oh, and total side note, I'm going to Camranger with an ipad mini. qDSLR dashboard crashed every 3 minutes on my Galaxy s5, tethered or via tp link.

Thanks dudes.

-SoW

...also check out: