• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First manual holy grail, but not by design - feedback welcome!

#1 DarrenC
First holy grail attempt. Funny thing was that I was all set to use dslrdashboard and auto holy grail, but when I got setup i realized that I brought the wrong cables with me (Nikon D810 so no wifi option).

So plan B, make shutter speed adjustments manually as it got darker. Never done that before, but there's a first time for everything, right?!?

Anyway, this was the result. A fair number of birds that I couldn't control and are a bit annoying in the sequence. Any feedback is welcome on how to improve, or what I could do differently.

Processed with LR CC and LRT4's new Visual Workflow.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Y-JAR39C5Z4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks!
#2 Julian Elliott
No feedback yet?

It looks fine from what I can see. I do all of my adjustments manually and then just use LRT to do the hard work.

The birds. It's a pain but go through the sequence and get rid of them.

I'm a contributor to Getty Images and Video. We are specifically asked to remove those birds. It is tiresome but if it gets sales then do it Smile
Wink
#3 DarrenC
Thanks Julian!

I'll work on the cleanup, and yes it is a pain. I want to include this in a larger Niagara Falls TL project I'm working on so you're right it is worth it.

I haven't done any stock site video, yet, but if I improve I might give that a try...we all like money, right? Smile
#4 Julian Elliott
No worries Darren!

If you try doing selling stock, have a good look around at who sells footage. Not all are equal.

And be warned that both stock photography and stock footage are full time jobs in themselves. They take an inordinate amount of time!
#5 DarrenC
Good advice...cheers, Julian!

...also check out: