• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Ma-Le
Hello together,
I am a new member in this forum.

After some time browsing around in some other forum could not resist to get my self a Little Brumper to try some time-lapse my self. I did not use LR in the past but as some german online store offeret LE for 99 Euro I found my way to LR-Timelapse. Below I attached my very first trial of the "Holy Grail". Using the Little Brumper the first time I messed some fames up during ISO stepping and realized that the slow down of the frame interval went to fast.

In LR-Timpelapse I then tried to delflicher and do some corrections to the exposure variations I grated my self by ramping the exposure to fast with the Little Brumper. I found it quite dificult to equalize the exposure in LR-Timelapse.

Here my first trial:

http://vimeo.com/27110135

After that I tried to do some more adjustments to the files:

http://vimeo.com/27652836

In general I have the feeling that the exposure "elyptic gradient" tool os not working but only the linea one on my Mac.... Possibly I did something wrong during installation?.

As I have never done any video editing find it quite difficult to optimize the workflow to keep quality high.
Please feel free to pass me your comments and suggestions.

Thanks and regards,
Matthias
#2 Gunther
(2011-08-19, 22:51)Ma-Le Wrote: Hello together,
I am a new member in this forum.
Have a warm welcome!

Quote:Here my first trial:
I fear that url is not the correct one?

Quote:After that I tried to do some more adjustments to the files:
That looks very promising! I think you could tweak the transitions where you changed exposure a little bit more to make them match closer, but for the first try it looks very good.

Quote:In general I have the feeling that the exposure "elyptic gradient" tool os not working but only the linea one on my Mac....
What tool do you mean?? I am not aware of an elliptical gradient tool in Lightroom...

Quote:As I have never done any video editing find it quite difficult to optimize the workflow to keep quality high.
Have you used the UHQ template for output?

Keep up the good work and all the best,
Gunther

Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Shocked
#3 Ma-Le
Hello Gunther
Thanks for the warm welcome and the very fast reply to my post. I general I would like to thanks you for providing us this great tool. Thanks a lot for all the effort you spend and that you share the tool even for free.

Op's sorry I messed up the URL but fixed in the initial post and ones more here
http://vimeo.com/27110135

Regarding the issue with the what I called "elyptic gradient" ok I checked again and in LR-Timelapse it is called "In" (fade in) "Out" and "Eased":
Somehow when I select a sequence of images between two Key frames (modified with exposure corrections in the table within LR-TL) I press for example the "In" in would expect a exponential increasing in the exposure in-between the selection and I guess I should see this as well in the yellow curve. This I did not manage to do do far. I had the feeling nothing was happening. It is likely that I do something wrong. I use the LR-TL metadata preset Possibly I was not patient enough (but the linear somehow always works) , I will check again the video tutorial to do some more tests.

Quote:Have you used the UHQ template for output?
I will check again but regarding the quality issue I guess I loose the quality after LR-TL in "post processing" the video with iMovie ( I can see this this problem as well if I just mace a TL in Quick-Time 7pro and then like to edit the Movie after that.

Not sure if it is just limitation of iMovie and I would need a more professional video-editor?

Likely I just need more practice to resolve the operational issue I face so far.

Best regards,
Matthias

#4 Ma-Le
Hello Gunther

OK, I guess I have to correct my self I figures out the how to use the "Fade In" / "Fade Out" is working sorry for the confusion.... :-(

Is there any way to make a command Back (return to the last action)? After editing some exposure correction curve I pressed a accidentally the "linear key" which kind of erased all exposure compensation ( all exposure compensation edited manual and "Fade In" / "Fade Out" fall to zero).

Thanks and regards,
Matthias

#5 Gunther
(2011-08-20, 13:19)Ma-Le Wrote: Is there any way to make a command Back (return to the last action)? After editing some exposure correction curve I pressed a accidentally the "linear key" which kind of erased all exposure compensation ( all exposure compensation edited manual and "Fade In" / "Fade Out" fall to zero).

There is no undo, but I recommend to frequently save your work and reload if you want to go back to the last save-point.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 SteMar65
(2011-08-20, 12:01)Ma-Le Wrote: I will check again but regarding the quality issue I guess I loose the quality after LR-TL in "post processing" the video with iMovie ( I can see this this problem as well if I just mace a TL in Quick-Time 7pro and then like to edit the Movie after that.
Not sure if it is just limitation of iMovie and I would need a more professional video-editor?

Likely I just need more practice to resolve the operational issue I face so far.

Best regards,
Matthias

Hello. I also noticed a definite decrease in the quality and unfortunately I guess that iMovie to import from the moment the video generated by Lightroom do a job of optimization (compression) inevitable. The effect are those streaks you get when you overdo the contrast. For example, I have not tried to mount the sequence with Final Cut world.

...also check out: