• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Backward compatibility of licence

#1 npaisnel
Hi Gunther.

I have bought the private licence for LRT 6 after years of deliberation but I am wondering about backward compatibility, the ability to get a licence code for my old laptop and LRT4..

is that possible to get a licence to 'release' the restrictions on my old MacBook?
#2 Gunther
Why would you like to use an older version? What's the specs of that laptop? (OS Version)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Gunther
Also please don't post the same questions in different boards. Thank you!
#4 npaisnel
Same question in different boards? hmm can't see that I did... certainly not intentionally and I have not been able to find it repeated.

But I would like to have the licence for the old version because my old Hacintosh HP ProBook 4530 is running nice and stable (or it was till the PSU section of the board died..but being repaired, new capacitors) with I think Leopard or Snow Leopard or Lion ..

I have no wish to do any changes to it ..it has LRT 4 on it as a trial/demo from the last time i used it.

We all have different amounts of money to spend. I recently saw mention on another thread of using a Light room Subscription service at "ONLY" $10 per month...Well to you and other that maybe a small amount..but my monthly food spend is about $50-55 USD ..so $10 is a big chunk

I jsut bit the bullet and spent a huge amount for me on the LRT6 licence...we discussed this in the past via e-mail I believe.

I cant afford a new MacBook..I am happy with my Hacintosh and do not want to add or change any software, as Hacintosh machines can be a little 'temperamental'

With the Hacintosh HP Pro Book I can run the camera using the software ---i forget its name...a few years since I have used it.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#5 Gunther
Quote:Same question in different boards? hmm can't see that I did... certainly not intentionally and I have not been able to find it repeated.
We have another thread where we are discussing your wish to use older versions: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lig...6#pid52886

With your LRTimelapse 6 license you can use LRTimelapse 5.8, which might have less restrictions in terms of the Lightroom versions. You can try installing that version on your old laptop. https://lrtimelapse.com/download/ (under "Older Versions").
There are no licenses avalilable for LRT4 anymore and LRTimelapse 5 is also out of support.

...also check out: