• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flicker only appears after video is produced

#1 bucheron
Hi

I have a very annoying problem with at least 4 timelapse, all holy grails.

I've correctly set up everything in LRtimelapse and Lightroom, I ran the deflicker, watched multiples times the previews, there is absolutely no jumps.
I produce the video from After Effects using the RAW files, and flicker appear.

Why does it happen, and what can I do ? I lose each time two hours for producing 4k clips.

I add that I've reset many times the modifications on the photos, and still no change.

I'm using Lightroom Classic CC with LRtimelapse 4.8.

Thanks
#2 Gunther
I guess, your after effects might not be evaluting the XMP files correctly. For example you cannot use JPG+XMP image sequences in After Effects and After Effects has to be upgraded to the latest version. And even then it's not guaranteed that it works.

Please try rendering the regular way: by exporting from Lightroom via LRTExport plugin and rendering in LRTimelapse.
If you really need to use After Effects, use LRTExport to export the rendered intermediary sequence and pass that one to AE.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 bucheron
Gunther, I tried that and I doesn't change anything, same jump in luminosity at the same time, between 2 keyframes.
#4 Gunther
And you don't see this before when paying back the visual previews in LRTimelapse? That seems unlikely to me. Please post a screenshot of the preview.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
#5 bucheron
Do you want the pink curve or a preview ? And do you want an extract of the video too ?
#6 Gunther
Best would be the pink curve and you can send me the video via smash or wetransfer to support(at) LRTimelapse(dot) com

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
#7 bucheron
Video is transfering, here are 2 captures for people that will read this thread :
[Image: http://hpics.li/54b498b]
[Image: http://hpics.li/2f0810e]
#8 Gunther
The video itself doesn't show flicker, however there are to positions (sec 19 and 20) where the brightness changes for a couple of frames. This is strange, since you can't see it in the pink luminance curve.
Please check the files in Lightroom to see, if those changes are already visible there.
Then please check the intermediary sequence (LRT_* folder) to see, if those changes in luminosity are already present in the intermediary files that have been exported.

My guess is, that something went wrong here, hard to say what. We can only try to narrow down, where it happened. Or you could try redoing the whole sequence, starting with "Metadata/Initialize" in LRTimelapse. Remove the folder from Lightroom also. Then start over the workflow. This is not a general problem in my opinion just something that went wrong in this case.
#9 bucheron
Sorry, since the curve was clean, I had classified this as flicker.

Yes, there are changes in the LRT folder, I have no idea why. I have redone many times the whole sequences, as I have 5 of them with the exact same issue.

If that gives you more input, when I upload the JPG in lightroom to try to correct, I am unable to use match total exposure between the correctly exposed and the wrongly exposed, and I get this error : "There was an error calculating the effective exposure for the target photo. No photos were changed."
#10 Gunther
Why would you use "Match total exposure" in Lightroom, when working with LRTimelapse? This would mess up things.
LRTimelapse does all the Holy Grail adjustments in Background, not on the Exposure tool. So Lightroom will not know about this and add additional adjustments when you use "MTE". Don't do that.
Just let LRTimelapse do its job. Don't touch the images anymore in Lightroom after the LRTimelapse adjustments. Just export and render.

...also check out: