• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NEF not converting to DNG on

#1 Stan in Seattle
I am in the process of learning how to use LRT4.  When I use the LRTimelapse importer, my NEF files are not converting to DNG.  I have the DNG box checked.  As a consequence, my images show up in LRCC in NEF format.  I am not able to visualize images in LR via ADD.

I think the conversion to DNG has worked before and I was able to Drag to LR import using ADD.  I have been through the entire process with reasonably good results. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Stan
#2 Gunther
You don't need to convert the raw files to DNG. It will slow down the process and workflow. I'd recommend to use the RAW files directly. Make sure to bring the files from the memory card to the harddrive or SSD (for example with the LRT importer). Then just follow the visual workflow explained in https://lrtimelapse.com/workflow
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Stan in Seattle
(2017-06-11, 14:40)gwegner Wrote: You don't need to convert the raw files to DNG. It will slow down the process and workflow. I'd recommend to use the RAW files directly. Make sure to bring the files from the memory card to the harddrive or SSD (for example with the LRT importer). Then just follow the visual workflow explained in https://lrtimelapse.com/workflow

Thanks for the reply, Gunther.  Can you suggest reasons why I am not able to to select ADD in LR?  I know this has been discussed extensively but I have not been able to solve this problem consistently.  The files are already awaiting download in LR so dragging files from LRTimelapse does not work, of course.
#4 Gunther
This could have two reasons:
1) The images are already in the lightroom catalog (then they would appear shaded in the import dialog)
2) The images are on a drive that Lightroom identifies as "removable" (like an SD Card) - then Add will not be available. They have to be on a Harddrive or SSD. You can use the LRTimelapse importer to bring the sequences to the harddrive/ssd.
#5 Stan in Seattle
(2017-06-12, 06:07)gwegner Wrote: This could have two reasons:
1) The images are already in the lightroom catalog (then they would appear shaded in the import dialog)
2) The images are on a drive that Lightroom identifies as "removable" (like an SD Card) - then Add will not be available. They have to be on a Harddrive or SSD. You can use the LRTimelapse importer to bring the sequences to the harddrive/ssd.

Your first reason is correct - the images are already in the lightroom catalog.  However, when I add them and import, the Key Frame markers (4 stars) are missing. Selecting all images and Reading METAdata from files does not help.
#6 Gunther
Remove them from the catalog, then you can import/add them once more.

...also check out: