• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flickering effect in time laps

Video
#1 kamerapro
Below is a .12 second video of my shoot. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_F6NNbR1mU

Can someone tell me how to use the flickering effect? I use a Syrp genie mini, not sure if the options were wrong on that or time laps app.

Thanks
#2 Gunther
I don't see flicker. What I see is that you used a very short shutterspeed, have lots of movement in the foreground and thus get a very unsteady sequence. Learn to use ND filters to get long shutterspeeds, choose your foregrounds and subjects carefully.
Additionally the motion controller seems not to work steadily, I see some jitter in the movement. Check out the manual an make sure to have the movement in sync with the camera release.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 rodrigo
Hi kamerapro, That's is one of the problems with the Genie mini, it jitters a bit as it is rotating, you have to sit the Mini on a solid base. What I found also is that the weight of the camera and lens tend to pull forward/down, creating an excersion on the 10mm mounting screw that connects the camera to the genie, and the gear mechanism, if I'm not mistaken,are made of plastic.
I found that if you find the pivot center of the camera plus the lens, you could make/purchase a support arm, where you can rest the the front end or middle of the lens, you create a good balance as it attaches to the cork moving area of the Mini. Don't get me wrong I love the Mini as it gives to the timelapse that sweep motion, you could see an example of the sweeping motion in my Venice timelapse posted in the showroom thread of this forum .
After I did that timelapse, I decided to tackle the balance problem, and purchased a ready made bracket (inexpensive really) which I have yet to test, if it work I would gladly share the details.

kind regards,

Rodrigo
#4 rodrigo
Sorry about this, I forgot to ask, did you unticked the LRT motion blur option in the final rendering stage? that sometimes show as jitter in the finished timelapse.
#5 Gunther
MBP does not cause jitter, it just blends adjacent frames, so it's recommended to turn it off, when doing pan shots. But in that case from what I can tell, it was not activated.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: