• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flickering introduced after workflow

#1 abdullahalmarar
I am editing a milky way time lapse that i recently took, before editing in the preview window everything seems fine and there are no visible flickering, after editing in LR and auto transitioning and doing a visual preview there seems to be alot of flickering and over exposure between the some parts of the frames. I will try to upload a before and after later on. Is this a bug? I dont remember facing this issue. 

I took the photos in Manual mode I am using a Fujifilm Xt-2..

I got LRtimelapse 4.8.3 Pro and the latest update of LR CC 7.3 and camera raw 10.3
#2 Gunther
First this would be to check, if you've done the workflow correctly and it's not something that you messed up: double check, do the workflow again, remove the sequence from Lightroom, "Metadata/Initialize" in LRTimelapse, edit only carefully.

If the problems persist, then most likely this is some subtile color flicker introduced by your sensore and amplified by Lightroom when editing. This happens with some sensors and the only thing you can do is to edit less then.
We already discussed this a couple of times, for example here: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-col...-timelapse
Use the search feature for "Color Flicker" also.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 abdullahalmarar
It looks like the issue reduced when i deleted the first few frames.

Do planes passing by the frame effect LRtimelapse exposure settings? I noticed one image frame at the end when a plane light trail was going out of frame the exposure would go down so I had to manually over compensate for the exposure, although the settings were the same in LR.
#4 Gunther
This is exactly the contrast flicker that Lightroom introduces. If you have some very bright areas (like the plane), it will edit differently with the same settings as if the image doesn't show that bright area.
This is a Lightroom annoyance that you can only reduce by avoiding the non-linear tools as I already explained.
Sometimes the only solution is to remove those frames.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: