• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flickering timelapse

#1 safesurfer65
Hello

Hope someone can help. I created a timelapse earlier today but its seem to have strobing/flickering.
I went through the tutorials and I think I did everything correctly. I used the auto keyframes which generated 6 keyframes which I edited in Lightroom.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong ? Excuse the poor video as the sky was overexposed in the photos. See link to Youtube and screen grab from Lrtimelapse.

https://youtu.be/LqHDal6k6ho

Thanks

Mark
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
That's because the sky is totally blown. There is no information in the sky and since you used the whole image as reference for deflicker, this is the result.
You could try to set the reference area to the lower part of the sequence that is not overexposed (click and drag a rectangle into the preview to set the reference area) - then do one or two deflicker/refine passes.
This will make the lower part of the sequence smooth but of course it won't save blown out parts.
Next time take care to not over expose any parts of the images when shooting timelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 safesurfer65
Good morning

Thanks for the prompt response. I did wonder if it was because the sky was overexposed. I'll try again. 

regards

Mark

...also check out: