• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flow using export from Lr

#1 daniel_leu
In Lr, I use collections to organize my photos and time-lapse sequences. On the disk, my photos are organized according to the shooting date.

So when I use LRtimelapse, I have to create a new sub-directory that contains only the photos of one sequence. This changes the entire file directory structure and is something I don't like at all!

How about using Lr's export feature to launch LRtimelapse? The user would select all images of a sequence and launch File > Plug-in Extras > Export to LRtimelapse ...

The export plugin would collect the file names of all the images in the sequence and start LRtimelapse. The file names would be an additional argument or could be provided in a separate file. LRtimelapse then would load only the specified files and everything else would work as it does right now. Obviously, there would be no need to have the directory listing anymore.

It is important to note that this export plugin would not do any image processing, but would only collect the names and start LRtimelapse.

An additional feature could be to generate some low-res images with all the Lr adjustments and use this in the preview sequence inside LRtimelapse. But this should be optional as it takes time to process all these images...

Would love to have such an export feature. There are other tools on the market that provide a similar export. HDR Efex Pro and Photomatix come to my mind.

Cheers,
Daniel
#2 Gunther
Thank you for your idea. I'll keep it in my head. But this would change the whole workflow so it's definitely nothing you should expect too soon.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: