• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Lapsefinger
Here's my latest creation, and my first video made with LrTimelapse in combination with Lightroom. I assembled the clips in Power Director. (I can't afford fancy pro software just yet, but it gives a descent result).

Hope you like it. Comments are welcome.

http://vimeo.com/30262426

#2 www.scharfelinse.com
Cool, great work. How many picts did you make?

Greetz!
#3 Lapsefinger
For this film I took something like 60.000+ exposures, but the raw material has been trimmed and speeded up, so the resulting video is made up of just under 25.000 frames. It was shot over a period of six months.
#4 www.scharfelinse.com
Hey, when you lokk at the house on 0:35, it seems to jittering... What do you mean? I have also the same problem in my movie in the first scene...
@Gunther: Is it maybe because the crop is till the edges?
Thanks and greetings...
#5 Lapsefinger
What causes the jitter is that Lightroom rounds off the decimals in the crop-frame metadata that come from LRTimelapse. In other words, Lightroom uses whole pixels, and that is simply not detailed enough. To minimize the effect, use bigger pictures and don't zoom too slowly.

I believe I have removed most of the jitter in the movie. What you see is the result of camera instability during the shoot. But you live and learn...
#6 Gunther
Hello Harald,
these are really great shots! A fantastic scenery and landscapes well edited and composed.
I'd really love to come to Norway and shoot time lapses there - the midnight sun is just amazing.

I have only one recommendation for you: I would shorten the movie to around the half of the length. You have some really outstanding scenes, it would be a pity if people would not watch them because of the length of the movie (it's sad - but today for most of the people internet movies with 10 minutes length are already too long).
I would keep the very best scenes and speed some slow scenes up a bit. But this is only to focus the attention of the viewers to that great shots.

Keep up the good work and best wishes,
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#7 Lapsefinger
Hellu Gunther! Thanks for the kind words!

Yes, I know it's too long, and yes, I didn't do what everbody told me to do, which is to kill my darlings..!

A shorter edit would definately make it better and more interesting. As the title says, I wanted to focus on sunsets and sunrises. Having more than one theme or idea in a video simply doesn't work. I'm going to make a "cleaner" version of it soon. Maybe two separate videos.

If you want to shoot timelapses of the midnight sun, then Norway is a good idea... I live in the north, but not far enough north to see the midningt sun at sea level. But all I have to do is to climb a mountain, and we have plenty of those. That's what I want to do next summer.

- Harald W
#8 www.scharfelinse.com
Hey Lapsefinger,
i know, its crying on a high level Wink But many thanks to Lapse & Gunther. So ill try it next time in my windows movie maker Wink
But youre work is really great!
Yes, the sunraise on Brünnstein is my 4th or 5th try and you always learn a lot every session Big Grin

...also check out: