• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Possibe Problem with Lightroom VideoExporter when deleting Images in LRTimelapse

Video
#1 seafoxx
Hey Gunther,

with LRTimelapse 3.2.1 I ran into the problem that an exported photo sequence (from LR 5.3) could not be rendered as video within LRTimelapse because the image sequence started with the name "LRT_00003.jpg".

What happened?
I imported a new sequence (starting filename IMG_0086.JPG) in LRTimelapse, but the first two images were left over from scenery calibration, so I deleted them within LRTimelapse (->delete images). Then I started the complete workflow process. BUT (as I just realized while typingSmile I did NOT remove these two unwanted (and recently deleted) images from the Lightroom catalog. Thus these two images were missing during the sequence export from LR to LRTimelapse and the exported Sequence started with index 3 instead of index 1.
Maybe at least a message to the user would be helpful when the user deletes photos within LRTimelapse (-> hey, remember to remove these photos from the Lightroom Catalog also). Maybe the Lightroom exporter can recognize missing images and just skip them when indexing so the exported sequence has no gaps (might there be a use case where these gaps could be necessary?).

Grüße aus Nürnberg & bis bald auf der Insel...
Bastian
#2 Gunther
Hi Bastian,
in fact there is an advice when deleting images :-)

[Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2088...h06_44.png]

unfortunately I cannot force the encoder to just start with any first image of a sequence, it simply requires the 0001 and a gapless sequence to work.

Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: