• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

eMotimo and Stage One

#1 Joe Vandaly
Hi Gunther:
After re-watching your video on the Emotimo and your Stage One ... I was wondering if you were manually controlling the move of the Stage One?

Optimally, we would like to program a SMS interleaved move for the Stage One ... just as you would if you were using the MX2.

But if you are manually operating the move of the Stage One with the Wii controller and it is a "Continuous" (video) move, that negates the value of combing the 2 technologies, does it not?

Interested to hear your thoughts.
#2 Gunther
No, the movement of the 3rd axis (slider) works exactly like the other two in perfect SMS-Mode. You program the start and ending positions, the duration and the number of shoots and then the EMotimo does the rest for all 3 axis including the slider.

You can however set it to "video" mode, then you will get a continuous movement - but again - for all 3 axis.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Joe Vandaly
(2013-02-27, 11:39)gwegner Wrote: No, the movement of the 3rd axis (slider) works exactly like the other two in perfect SMS-Mode. You program the start and ending positions, the duration and the number of shoots and then the EMotimo does the rest for all 3 axis including the slider.

You can however set it to "video" mode, then you will get a continuous movement - but again - for all 3 axis.

Good news. Thx for your reply.
#4 Joe Vandaly
(2013-02-27, 18:50)Joe Vandaly Wrote:
(2013-02-27, 11:39)gwegner Wrote: No, the movement of the 3rd axis (slider) works exactly like the other two in perfect SMS-Mode. You program the start and ending positions, the duration and the number of shoots and then the EMotimo does the rest for all 3 axis including the slider.

Good news. Thx for your reply.

Gunther - one follow up question. Is it necessary to purchase a 3rd party stepper motor now that DP has released their QR motor system?

I have their new EZ Swap DC 8.13 rpm motor which can handle 17 lbs and the new Quick Release fitting.

Would that work for elevated moves with the eMotimo and your Sirius 1 axis head. 5D mk III and 16-35mm L series lens?

Would you recommend another one of their EZ Swap motors?

Thx
#5 Gunther
AFAIK the Dynamic Perception motor is a DC motor, not a stepper!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 Joe Vandaly
(2013-02-27, 20:33)gwegner Wrote: AFAIK the Dynamic Perception motor is a DC motor, not a stepper!

I know, but after investing in the EZ swap motor system for the DP slider, I want to use these motors with the eMotimo and the Stage Zero.

Ron Risman from Cameratown.com has this on combining the MX2 with the eMotimo:

https://vimeo.com/38657996

In your method of using just the eMotimo to control the slider movement is more streamlined than Ron's version (where he is dealing with both the eMotimo controller and the MX2) .... but his setup would allow for the use of the EZ Swap motor system, which is what I want to do.

Correct? Your thoughts? Thx

...also check out: