• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Wayne Shakell
Please would you consider adding templates for slower frame rates Fps between 4 and 6 frames per second which would suit some subjects and styles of photography very well.
#2 Gunther
You can change the slideshow rate for anything <10fps manually in Lightroom. Just take care to use whole fractions of the output framerate of the video to avoid jitter. For example 6fps would go well with 24fps video frame rate, because 6*4 = 24. 5 fps would be okay with 25fps video, 5x5 = 25.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 wade51
(2013-02-12, 19:49)gwegner Wrote: You can change the slideshow rate for anything <10fps manually in Lightroom. Just take care to use whole fractions of the output framerate of the video to avoid jitter. For example 6fps would go well with 24fps video frame rate, because 6*4 = 24. 5 fps would be okay with 25fps video, 5x5 = 25.

When shooting nightscapes, I tend to like a 12 or 15 frame rate.  As a result, I'm also interested in this functionality.  Is it possible to provide a little more detail on how to change the frame rate in Lightroom?  I have looked on the Internet, but I can't seem to find the answer.  Once I change the frame rate, I assume I have to generate the video in Lightroom.  Correct?

Thanks,

Wade
#4 Gunther
This is a very old post. The slideshow approach doesn't work anymore. Now you export with the LRTExport plugin and render with LRTimelapse. There you can set the frame rate.

sent mobile via tapatalk...
#5 wade51
(2017-03-18, 11:19)gwegner Wrote: This is a very old post. The slideshow approach doesn't work anymore. Now you export with the LRTExport plugin and render with LRTimelapse. There you can set the frame rate.

sent mobile via tapatalk...

I didn't realize the post was so old.

I did use the LRTExport plugin which generated 8-bit TIF files which was suggested using your video.  In the LRTimelapse render video dialog, I see no option to select a frame rate less than 24 no matter which codec I choose.  Perhaps, I'm missing something or not selecting the proper options.

I have the latest LRTimelapse Pro version.  In addition, I have the latest version of Lightroom. 

By the way, LRTimelapse is awesome and makes generating videos very simple.

Thanks,

Wade
#6 wade51
I believe I just found the answer.  You have to choose 1/2 right.  If I choose 24 frame, I'll end up with 12 or if I choose 30 frames I'll end up with 15.  Please, let me know if there are any caveats.

Thanks,

Wade
#7 Gunther
The framerate that is being written to the files is only a "metadata". You can always change that in any video editing program (tool is mostly called "interpret footage". This will just change the framerate without changing the content (number of images played).

If you however use 1/2 setting, LRTimelapse will double each image. So it will play slower, but with the original frame rate.

For Aurora I recommend to export with the framerate from LRTimelapse that you would use for your final video project.
Then I'd slow down the aurora to 1/2 in the video editor and use "frame blending" as slow-down interpolation method. This will give you a much more pleasant look then the frame doubling.

...also check out: