• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gear Recommendation

#1 davidblumenfeld
I am going to buy a slider/time lapse system for some projects and have no idea which system to go for. Would love to hear thoughts on pros/minuses from users.

I shoot with Canon 5DmarkII and a Canon C100. I do quite a bit of slider shots now (with my no-name slider).

I will want something easy to setup and use for calculations. Smooth! For doing night shots, day to night, sunrises and smooth moving slider shots with my c100.

I also do a lot of traveling...

I want to keep it under $3k.

Kessler vs DitoGear vs Dynamic Precision...
#2 Gunther
Have you checked out my Gear Reviews?
http://lrtimelapse.com/gear
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 davidblumenfeld
Thanks. Still undecided on the best system for me. I love how the dynamic perception is good for travel, which I do, so I can do LONG time lapses moving...I like the ease of use of the Dittogear controller...I love the kessler ability to use with one tripod for some of their sliders....hmmm...open to advice!

I will also want to use it for smooth shots that travel vertical...thanks.
#4 Rui Guerra
I only have experience with Dynamic Perception Stage Zero, but love it.
For travel I've cited the rail in three peaches and mont them together with latches. Quite effective.

The MX2 controller is a very good one that allows you to do everything you want and is very robust and easy to operate.

I've used this setup even with the camera inside underwater housings that weights more then 3 Kg without any problem.

As you might know, you you prefer a lighter slider you have the Stage One model.

Just my opinion.

All the best,

...also check out: