• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Getting error box at end of long export

#1 lightpanther
Unfortunately, I accidentally managed to dismiss the box with the exact text in it, before I could note it down, but it was something *very close* to the following:

"unable to export

attempt to index LRTExport task:lua443 '?' a nil value"

It was particularly depressing as this was my first attempt to export a timelapse of nontrivial length. It went all the way through a long two-hour export process, and then told me this at the very end, with no option but "ok". Need to know what I'm doing wrong before I try to export it again, as it waits till the end to discover if it fails!
#2 Gunther
Are you using the latest version of LRTimelapse? Please upgrade if not. This error is certainly not normal. Please export again, and if it happens again, then send me a screenshot with the error, if it happens again.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 lightpanther
LRT 5.0.6  LR6 standalone

Hi Gunther. It rendered this second time  Smile

I'm not entirely sure what the problem was the first time, but here is my suspicion: there was another subfolder below the parent that had the same name as the parent (this was generated by mistake when I was moving folders in windows, but I forgot about it). The sub folder contained a few frames from another timelapse, which I didn't edit in either LRT or LR, I was going to delete them in LR prior to export, but I figured that might be a risky thing to do half way through the LRT workflow (wish I had now!). Anyway, I deleted this folder after the first export failed and this time it worked okay.

I can't be sure that was the reason, but it's the only thing I can see immediately that might have caused it. I will certainly let you know if it happens again.
#4 Gunther
I'm pretty sure that was the reason.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: