• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GH5 .rw2 files not working with visual preview + deflicker

#1 mcoda92
First off, thank you for the amazing piece of software you have created.  

I recently upgraded to the GH5 from the GH4, and shot a number of timelapses in the last two days. In attempts to edit them tonight, I am having issues with the panasonic GH5's .RW2 raw files in LRTimelapse.  (and I never have had issues with the GH4's .rw2 files)

I am able to set keyframes, load those keyframes into lightroom, edit the raw files in lightroom, then reload the metadata into LRTimelapse, auto transition + save the metadata again.  Then, when I go to the next step of visual preview this is where the issues start.  The visual preview never loads a single frame, the statistics for frames remaining and percentage jump around up and down, and then eventually stop with just a red bar on the bottom.  There are no edited frames to preview, and the next step (visual deflicker) remains greyed out.  

I converted one of the shorter timelapses (just 150 photos) to DNG in lightroom, then re-tried the normal LRTimelapse workflow, and encountered no issues.  However, this is not an efficient workflow when one has thousands of files to edit.

This leads me to believe the new GH5's .RW2 files are not supported yet.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?  Is this something that is being worked on the the LRTimelapse team?

Thanks again for helping me and so many others create beautiful timelapses & hyperlapses.
#2 Gunther
Make sure to have the latest Adobe Dng converter installed! If Adobe already supports the gh5, you are good to go!
Download link for the converter on the install page on LRTimelapse.com

sent mobile via tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: