• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GoPRO images won´t transition, what´s wrong with my workflow?

#1 stevenilsen
Hi there!

I have tried to make a GoPRO timelapse with my new Hero3 camera.
I´ve captured around 750 11MPix files.
The camera only saves JPG images.

After following the LRTimelapse 2.0 video tutorial and done *exactly* the same tings I still run into problems.

Following the "initalize" and "define area", followed by "keyframe wizard" and "XMP save" steps everything is ok so far.
When I go into lightroom 4 (on mac osx if that have something to say..Yeh, I´ve installed the ExifTools) I "star" out the images, sitting with to pictures left.
First and last image in the sequence.

After I´ve done my editing on the first image, ctrl+c/v´ed into the next image, and done the "metadata -> save metadata" for the two files.

After getting into LRTimelapse I reload the setting, clicks on "auto transition" and "deflicker" just to be sure. Saving the XMP back to the files. I´ve checked the files and the timestamp changes. The preview files does not update even after a Ctrl+F5 reload.

If I open it in Photoshop, I´ll be promted with a "Open camera raw 7.0 - jpeg file dialog box" setting and the file looks like one of the two files I edited in Lightroom first.
If I just "previews" the file in OSX (by hitting the space key) the images is still the old same one. This is also the case if I make a copy/rename the file and loads it into Lightroom.

After loading all the files into Lightroom it is only the cropping that is the difference.
(see screenshot) Image G0010754.jpg and G0010755.jpg should be looking the SAME after LRTimelapse have done it´s "auto transition"... or what?

So, Have I done something wrong in my workflow? Is it LR settings? I´ve tried both "Automatically write changes into XMP" option in LR.
Any help appreciated!

Steve
http://www.stevenilsen.no
#2 Gunther
Hi,
the previews in LRTimelapse never change. That's by design. But you should see the transitions after reloading the XMP files in Lightroom.

Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 stevenilsen
Hi Gunther.

Lightroom does not update. see the screenshot.

Steve

(2012-12-07, 23:06)gwegner Wrote: Hi,
the previews in LRTimelapse never change. That's by design. But you should see the transitions after reloading the XMP files in Lightroom.

Best
Gunther
#4 Gunther
Are you sure you read the images for all files in Lightroom (Grid-Mode (G) then Ctrl-A to select all and then "read metadata from files"
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 stevenilsen
Yep.. I made sure I got that with me. But..

I started all over again. Following the tutorial step-by-step as you did it in the video. I did a couple of other things the first time that you didnt do in the video.

In LR2 i did the deflicker, even if it wasn´t needed and in LR4 when copying the settings from the first keyframe to the last keyframe I selected the first keyframe, then the 2nd and did a "sync" in LR.
When reading / saving the XMP Metadata I selected the files in grid view and right clicked, choosed "Metadata" and "read/save". You did it in the menu. Not so critical things, but "magically" it worked when I did it your way. So i´ll stick to that in the future.

I´ll post the result when its finished! =)

Thanks a lot for the help!

(2012-12-07, 23:35)gwegner Wrote: Are you sure you read the images for all files in Lightroom (Grid-Mode (G) then Ctrl-A to select all and then "read metadata from files"

...also check out: