• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#11 jonrwilson
(2017-05-30, 17:53)derPhoto Wrote: Great. Thanks!

I'm having the same problems: flipping images and a lack of data transfer that results in no interpolation.

Originally I was using an older version of Lightroom, but updated to the latest (2015.10.1) last night. I'm also running the latest LRT (4.7.6). Previously I converted my GPR files to DNG's, so my lightroom could read the files, but was having the mirroring / Flip Horizontal issue, and unlike yours which all flipped, only some of my images flipped, which was too frustrating to fix (I'll try to edit that timelapse again when the bug is gone). Assuming it was a lightroom bug, I updated to the latest version, which also meant I no longer had to convert to DNGs.

Unfortunately I'm now running into the problem that my adjustments in Lightroom aren't showing up in LRT, which clearly defeats the point. Similar to the OP, I've tried restarting the programs and resetting the meta data, to no avail. I haven't tried editing the files directly as he has done, but that sounds like the best solution to date. I've used LRT a hand full of times with canon raw files and it's worked exactly as expected, so this is definitely an issue with the GPR files.

Hopefully it can be sorted out soon, since I'm really happy with the raw timelapse results with the GoPro, but now I can't properly edit/interpolate them.
#12 Gunther
I'll look into it, but am currently travelling, see announcements-board.
As a work around, rename the gpr files to Dng, then it should work as expected.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 derPhoto
You can see that the GoPro 5 in raw mode can produce some very adequate footage: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zdrd4vw9r2rmx...B.mp4?dl=0

Any chance you have been able to take a look at this yet?
#14 Gunther
Not yet, sorry. But it's on my agenda. Couldn't you use the workaround, by renaming the files to .DNG ?
On windows for example in the terminal: change to the folder with the images, then
Code:
ren *.gpr *.dng
#15 Gunther
Okay, I've fixed the metadata issue. The problem with the image orientation not being reflected in the previews seem to be a bug in adobe dng converter. I've submitted a bug report to adobe, please like it on their page, in order for us to get a higher priority for this to be fixed.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop...rientation
This is a general issue that seem to happen with all raw files, not only gpr. It's just that the gpr files seem to be mirrored by default. It does not really affect the end result, so I think you can live with this for now. Just make sure to set the correct orientation (use Photo/Mirror Horizontally in Lightroom) when editing the first keyframe, the setting should be populated to all other images as you proceed through the workflow.
Please send me an email to support(at)lrtimelapse(dot)com and let me know if you are on windows or mac, then I'll send you a beta for testing the gpr fix.
#16 derPhoto
I am able to work around this issue by renaming things. (I was the one who recommended that as the solution.) I already have a workflow incorporating the name changing where everything is working. I just want to remove this impediment for others.

What would help me most would be parallelized preview generation. That is really slowing me down from using the GoPro more. I know that is a much harder technical challenge. Hopefully you can re-use some of the code for generating visual previews in this location.
#17 Gunther
Multithreading for the regular preview generation is on my agenda but will still take some time.
#18 Gunther
The GPR Metadata issue has now been fixed in 4.7.7, please update: https://lrtimelapse.com/news/lrtimelapse-4-7-7-update/
#19 derPhoto
Thank you!

...also check out: