• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gradient Filters not being read or saved

#11 Lynne B
Hi Gunther,

I have no Lightroom imported presets, that box is unchecked as mentioned in your instructional video. I am not using any presets, I'm doing all of the edits manually, I don't change, alter, delete or add any Masks, I only did a couple of small edits to your edit me Mask 1. I have never used AI Masks, don't know how.

I will give the screen recording with quicktime a go tomorrow. Hopefully you will be able to see what is happening, and why it's not working.

Lynne
#12 Gunther
Me too.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 Lynne B
Hi Gunther,

I have sent you the Dropbox link for the screen recording.

I just used a small portion of images, using very basic edits, with exaggerated edits on the Mask to see the difference easily. In the first number of times I did this I used normal edits in the Mask, not exaggerated, incase you might think it made a difference.

I also scrolled through my Lightroom Preferences and Catalogue Settings incase you see something there.

At the end of the video, I show how the Arrow that is meant to show that there are changes to the Metadata on the first Image is not there, and then how the Mask edits are no longer working in Lightroom in the History.

I hope this helps.

Lynne
#14 Gunther
I think we solved this. The Masks Version in the LRTimelapse Settings was set to 1.0, which of course only works with older Lightroom versions.
Anyone using the latest Lightroom Classic, should have the Masks Version set to 2.0!
#15 Lynne B
Hi Gunther,

Yes, that has fixed the problem, the Mask with it's changes are now sitting in the columns of LR Timelapse, and you can see it working on the playback video in LR Timelapse, and they are working at the end in Lightroom for Exporting.

The only thing that is still missing when coming back to Lightroom, before selecting Read Metadata, is the Arrow on the first Keyframe image stating that the Metadata has been changed, there is still nothing there at all, there is only an arrow on the 2nd and 3rd Keyframe Images. I don't know if that is needed or not.

Lynne
#16 Gunther
Usually the first keyframe won't be changed, because the transition only applies to the in-between images. If the sequence looks fine, don't worry about those inidators.
#17 Lynne B
Ok, I was just going on your instructional video, where there is an arrow on your first image.

Thank you for your help and patience working this out. One small change that was affecting the whole process.

Lynne

...also check out: