• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Handling occasional Intentional or desired changes in brightness/color

#1 kaithestuffguy
One thing I'm trying to figure out as a new user is how to make LRtimelapse naive about specific frames.

I've an overall timelapse of the milkyway, that has some notable color variation through out which is the main reason I've decided to invest in LRtimelapse. However this sequence also had a few curious spots where cars drove by causing notable changes in brightness for 2-3 frames at a time. (Apparently on Haleakela even at 3 in the morning people still come and go...)

These frames obviously cause for extreme peaks, but the rest of the images are much closer to each other. If they weren't there I'd probably just use 3 or 4 keyframes along the entire timelapse to get the smoothest blend. However I am assuming for these bad spieks, to be able to edit them by hand, I'll need to make them keyframes, but then I would assume that autotransition and deflicker are both going to try to "fix" these or blend surrounding frames, when that isn't what I would want.

So basically I want to make a perfectly smooth timelapse with 3 or 4 sections where 2-frames are the "exception" to that smoothness.

#2 kaithestuffguy
I should add that I've watched the advanced deflickering tutorial, and while it certainly helps on the smaller spikes, the two gigantic spikes are essentially like a full frame lens flare that brightens and washes out the image, so I'd basically like on those tow specific frames to simply edit them manually in lightroom and not have deflicker consider them at all if possible
#3 Gunther
Easiest way would be to move those frames to another folder, then edit the timelapse regularly in LRTimelapse. At the end you can decide, if you would like to copy those frames back into the main folder before exporting or if the timelapse looks better without them.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: