• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tips to fix a messy holy grail sequence

#1 jcourtial
Hi Gunther,

Hope all is well with you.

I was trying to do a timelapse with the Sony a7r2 built-in app which is a pain because it changes the exposure automatically, but you can't change it manually.

Twice, I stopped the timelapse to change the EV manually which created problems, so I have two questions.

1/ I have a big exposure jump that the visual deflicker cannot smooth. I remember seeing a video of you doing some micro adjustment on the visual preview, to correct bug gaps in exposure, but can't find it again. :-(

2/ What would be the best way to correct a gap in your timelapse? I have an interval of 100s in my timelapse (normal interval was 7s), I appreciate this might be impossible to look perfect, but are there ways to make it not as obvious? 

Thanks a lot!

J
#2 Gunther
If the sequence has been shot in M-Mode, the "Holy Grail Wizard" in LRTimelapse should fix it.
If not, and it's only one or two "jumps", you can set two 4* keyframes left and right of the jump and adjust the exposure in Lightroom on those keyframes manually to make them match in brightness. Auto Transition will connect everything and the "fine-smoothing" will happen via visual deficker then.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 jcourtial
(2017-04-13, 18:14)gwegner Wrote: If the sequence has been shot in M-Mode, the "Holy Grail Wizard" in LRTimelapse should fix it.
If not, and it's only one or two "jumps", you can set two 4* keyframes left and right of the jump and adjust the exposure in Lightroom on those keyframes manually to make them match in brightness. Auto Transition will connect everything and the "fine-smoothing" will happen via visual deficker then.

Super, I'll give that a try.

And what about the jump in time? :-)

Thanks G
#4 Gunther
Cut it in two clips, cut another one in between in video editing. There is no way to fix it.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: