• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Heavens on Earth - Moab

#1 vikas chander
Southern Utah is one of the few places in the USofA under truly dark skies. Add to this the number of national and state parks which abound in this area, it is no wonder the region appears on the bucket list of many Landscape and Astro photographers. In May of 2017 i had the good fortune of spending 12 days and nights in Moab and ended up shooting over 25000 images. The resultant timelapse video does not even begin to describe the raw beauty of the landscape and night skies of the area .....

I used LRTimelapse to assemble the timelapses and used its ramping abilities to process the numerous holy grails i shot. Even though i was using the Timelaspe+ View to shoot the holy grails, i never used the XMPs generated by it to do the exposure smoothing , relying on the deflicker algorithm of  LRTimelaspe to do the heavy lifting.

Imaging, Post Processing and Music by Vikas Chander.
[Video: https://vimeo.com/238523867]

I also put together a trailer as a precursor to the main presentation....

[Video: https://vimeo.com/237022853]

Hope u enjoy the videos

Cheers

Vikas Chander
#2 mmacnau
Love the Moab area!! So, am I reading right that you chose to use the deflicker instead of the holy grail xmp's?? I'd be curious to know why if you'd care to share?
#3 vikas chander
Hi,
when using the XMPs from the View, i have to first of all ensure i get the XMPS into the right folders of the numerous holy grails i shoot. That in itself is a chore and a deal breaker for me, adding extra steps to an already lengthy workflow.

Secondly i have to enter LRTimelapse anyway to ramp the white balance and other parameters like color correction etc, so using the deflicker function of LRtimelapse is a natural extension of the workflow.

Thirdly, and decisively i find the deflickering of LRtimelaspe more smooth than when i use the View Xmps which still require some additional deflickering to be applied .

vikas
#4 Timelapser
Very impressive work.
Earth Hour
rodrigo
2019-06-29, 22:03
Last Post: rodrigo

...also check out: