• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

...help needed to choose intervalometer for holy grail......

#1 Jarops
I have now, finally, got my gear together. BFM PINE R with Modular 4 axis motion Kit, and slider from Dynamicc Perception Stage One..... now, PLEASE, give an options for intervalometer to shoot holy grail..... LRTimelapse Pro Timer 2,5 vs Timelapse+..... or any other.... and a possible to link...how-to-shoot this. Any other gear I need? (QDslrDashboard) do I need this with LRTimelapse ProTimer 2,5????? THANKS
#2 MMeier
Yes, you will need qDSLRDashboard in combination with the LRT Pro Timer 2.5 to shoot holy grails without having to manually adjust the camera settings. This setup is a very reliable combination together with the motion gear from BFM. The intervalometer is a lightweight and small tool which is very easy to use and qDSLRDashboard can be installed on the smartphone / pad hence not much extra equipment to carry around.

I have never used Timelapse+ and have no direct comparison. The gear is definitively bigger and has more weight. Prior using LRTPT 2.5 I used qDSLRDashboard together with the pixel timer. I prefer the LRTPT 2.5 as in situations where very short intervals are necessary I can reach this aim.
#3 Gunther
TL+ View is also good, but requires much longer dark times (5-6 seconds) because the device is quite slow. Also you only get a very small preview.

Here is a tutorial where I show how to do it with QDDB and LRTPT: https://lrtimelapse.com/gear/dslrdashboard/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Jarops
Thanks for the reply. I will order LRTPT..... I hope it is in stock, I am in Geneva on the 6th Sept for one day and order that to the hotel there. I am residing in Dubai and the mail system is not very reliable. Thanks guys and thanks Gunther, I will check the link.
#5 MMeier
www.fotichaestli.ch has the things usually delivered next working day within Switzerland - so you should be fine.
#6 chrisstratton
May I ask - why not use the Pine R controller as the intervalometer?

...also check out: