• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy Grail Additional Keyframes

#1 seawildearth
OK so more of a question really. I guess by the looks of things I'm about to test the editing power of LRTimelapse and Lightroom. I was on a monorail today in Tokyo and wanted to shoot the ride, it's been an idea of mine for a while to try this out, the weather played nice today so I went for it. The exposure timeline is more like a cardiovascular work out.

[Image: http://pixelhobo.photography/wp-content/...5/test.jpg]

My main question is that I normally just create 4 aditional Holy Grail Keyframes when working a standard Holy Grail. This though is off the chart. Do you think I should create more keyframes for this particular edit?

Cheers,
Mark.
"A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live"
#2 Gunther
Hi Mark,
that sequence is obviously not shot with the holy grail technique. I'd use one keyframe only and try to decrease the contrasts (shadows, highlights) on the whole sequence. Then, when rendering use "Motion Blur Plus".
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 seawildearth
Cheers mate will give that a go. It would mean going to each instance where the monorail goes into a shaded station to sort out the shadows etc. There are about 15 station stops in a sequence that lasts around 45 seconds. A tough project but hope to edit it for a good result, will keep you updated.

Cheers,
Mark.
#4 Gunther
If it's like you say, you could place keyframes right before the train comes into the shadow area and right after then again, when it leaves. This way you could edit the shadow areas different then the sunny areas.
#5 seawildearth
I took another look at the piece. I reloaded it, started again and created five key frames across the span of the video. This allowed me to take a look at and treat elements of the video that had drastically different light levels etc.

I basically removed the stationary elements, every stop only lasted for about 12 frames so by cutting the last frame before the stop until the first frame of motion after each stop the ride looks like it's flowing without end. I'm in the process of linking the return trip to the end of the first trip. In total each half hour ride is represented with 11 seconds of video so 22 seconds total. The viewer cannot realistically be aware or recognize any light level issues when the monorail is in the station due to the motion blur effects of the frames before and after on the piece.

When it's finished I'll post it here, let you be the judge of it.

Cheers,
Mark.
#6 Gunther
Hi Mark, looking forward to see it!
#7 seawildearth
Posted it in the showroom area.

Cheers,
Mark.

...also check out: