• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Holy Grail button greyed out all the time

Photo
#11 Jiheffe
Hallo Gunther,

I have a bit of the same issue here... You can see in the attachment that between frames 124 and 125 I removed an ND filter, resulting in a shutter speed jump from 1.3 to 1/50 second. Should that be detected by the Keyframe Wizard ?

BTW, great job, I'm still quite new to Timelapse but you make it enjoyable :-)

JF
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#12 Gunther
This won't be detected by the wizard, since the wizard only detects changes in Exif Data.
To compensate for those effects, please use two subsequent 4* keyframes and adjust the exposure (and probably vignetting or whatever) until they look same.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 Jiheffe
(2015-08-05, 18:44)gwegner Wrote: This won't be detected by the wizard, since the wizard only detects changes in Exif Data.
To compensate for those effects, please use two subsequent 4* keyframes and adjust the exposure (and probably vignetting or whatever) until they look same.

Danke Günther :-)
I expected to change in shutter speed when I removed the ND filter to be detected as an Exif change. Will try the 4* method.
I'm also going to try out dslrdashboard as it looks promising :-)
#14 Gunther
Change in Shutter Speed would be detected (if you shot in M Mode!) - but the compensation would be wrong, because additionally you removed the filter.
BTW: I do not recommend adding or removing ND filters while shooting time lapse for different reasons.
#15 lapse-it-up
Hi there... My "Holy Grail Wizard" button is also grayed-out. After all the images in my sequence were loaded, I do have a lot of the orange "HGW" keyframes (and I did change the settings quite a lot, this is a shot of a sunrise), but still the HGW button is grayed-out. Any ideas about what's happening?

A screen shot is attached.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#16 lapse-it-up
FYI - I did the "Metadata -> Initialize Metadata" function, and now it appears to work... Not sure why that is, but heck... it's working :-)
#17 Gunther
Okay, great!
#18 Optimvs
Hi friends,

I discover your TL software now and I really impressed. Its fantastic!

I have the same problem with Holy Grail Wizard button, I shoot my TL in Aperture Priority and I've ISO and Aperture fixed, only changes Shutter speed, but this change every 10 shoots, I think thats is enough to detect Holy Grail metod in Keyframes Wizard assist. Why don't runs?

Thanks for oyur support.
Jose Antonio Gomez
From Barcelona (Spain)
#19 Wire14
Hi Jose,

the Holy Grail only works if you shoot in Manual Mode. In your case just use those visual workflow. And in the end eliminate the jumps with the visual deflicker. Maybe you have to use the visual deflicker twice to get smooth results.

Cheers,
Chris
#20 Optimvs
Thanks Chris,

Only runs HG Wizard on Manual Mode? So ,to adjust parameters is necesary an extern app to control the camera as DSLRDashboard.

Bye,
Jose Antonio

...also check out: