• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Holy Grail button greyed out all the time

#1 rennybaggins
So I used the HG method and changed the exposure settings, but the button won't come up for me... Any idea why?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
That's because there are no "holy grail" keyframes. Did you use the keyframes wizard before?
I'd suggest to reinitialize the sequence (metadata->initialize) then follow the holy grail workflow from the beginning. If this is a holy grail sequence with proper exif-data, LRTimelapse's keyframes wizard will detect the changes in shutter-speed/iso/aperture and mark them with orange keyframes. This will then enable the holy grail wizard button too.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 bigfoot_2001
Hi there,

Actually I had the same problem too. What I realized is that you need to wait until the whole sequence is fully initialized/finished. In my case, only then did the Holy Grail Wizard button get activated ;-)
#4 bigfoot_2001
Hi,

I am just rendering a sequence where the Holy Grail button also didn't turn up even though the sequence finished. However, what I just found out that worked for me is, that when you select a line, then manually add a keyframe e.g. left of the Holy Grail by typing a 2 or right click and select keyframes / set left of Holy Grail Keyframes (**)

By doing this, the automatic recognition is overwritten and it activates the Holy Grail button. Try it out, in my case it worked Big Grin I am sure Guenther is looking into it but in the meantime it is an easy workaround ;-)
#5 Gunther
There is nothing to look into - if you don't have a sequence shot with the holy grail approach (means where you changed Shutter-Speed / ISO on the Camera while shooting) there is no point in using the HG-Wizard, that's why it's not activated, if there are no HG keyframes that mark those changes in Shutter-Speed/ISO.

Of course you can set those keyframes manually and activate the button - but it won't do anything meaningful.

So: if you have a sequence shot with the Holy Grail Approach, the Keyframes-Wizard will create those little orange triangle keyframes and the HG-Wizard will get activated. The HG Wizard's only purpose is to compensate for those Adjustments.

If you shot in A-Mode or M Mode without changing any settings, just skip the HG-Wizard and use the deflickering only.
#6 rennybaggins
You know what? I did shoot in A-Mode. So that must have been it then. The re-initializing did not help. I am assuming that if I had used M and adjusted the exposure myself, the button would work.

Using A-Mode was a bad idea anyway; will be using full manual next time.
#7 n3Media
I am using a Timelapse+ intervalometer, and I do get some exposure or aperture jumps, but the holy-grail button is still greyed out even though I can visually see the jumps in the preview window, whats the issue here? There is also some bad flicker at the beginning that I feel could be resolved using holy grail technique?
#8 Gunther
Is LRTimelase creating those Orange Keyframes when using the Keyframes Wizard? Those keyframes will appear, whereever there are changes in Exif (check Shutter/Aperture/ISO columns).
Only if those keyframes have been created, the HG Wizard will be enabled.

I don't know exactly, how the TL+ works and if the sequence is suited to be processed as "holy grail". If not, just use the visual deflicker. You might have to refine once or twice, but that would be the second best option.
#9 vojduch
I have the same problem. It happens sometimes that the orange keyframes are not created and the holy grail wizard button remains grayed out and even the aperture defining window for my manual lens doesn't automatically come up. I can still do these things manually, but it is very handy to have it done automatically.
I have this problem with only some of my sequences, and really strange is, that the problem disappears randomly after some time. Well, it is may be not random, but I didn't find any pattern in it.
#10 Gunther
I don't think, there is any randomness. The sequence has to have complete Exif Data and you have to have used the holy grail appoach when shooting. Then the Keyframes wizard will create the orange keyframes to mark, where the camera settings have been adjusted. Holy Grail wizard will only be activated, if it finds those orange keyframes.

...also check out: