• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy Grail doesn't work?

#1 DaRaphi
Hello,
guess I need some help now..

The timelapses i shot should be perfectly exposed etc. and i made regular / even adjustments with the ISO in this case.
The workflow in LRTimelapse and Lightroom works good, until i start the visual preview.. Then the program won't even the adjustments and the steps are still there and visible. I've tried everything, reinstalled the program, reset the Metadata and restart the process over and over again. But nothing seems to work.

Then I saw your Tutorial, in which you said, that i should synch the keyframes with the script in Lightroom. After that, it seemed to come out of the visual preview just like i wanted. The pink curve was perfectly balanced and the program made everything even. I then pressed on the button "remove Deflicker" and everything jumped back to not working. Since then I have the problem again and i'm not able to fix it..

I've attached a screenshot of the visual preview that came out!

Thanks for your help!
Greets from Austria,
Raphael
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
From the curves it doesn't seem that you applied the holy grail wizard at all. also "remove Deflicker" is not the same as "Remove Flicker". What you did is to remove the Deflicker-Corrections. What you most likely intended to do is to activate the visual deflicker in order to remove Flicker. The workflow is from left to right along the buttons. You should check my instructions to learn how it works: https://lrtimelapse.com/workflow/
From what I see, I also think, you might have messed up with the linear gradients in LR. Please remember, that you are not supposed to add or delete from the predefined gradients. Please us the ones provided only.

I'd suggest you check the instructions or my tutorials https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/ again then start over. Remove the sequence from lightroom and restart in LRT with "Metadata / Initialize".
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 DaRaphi
thanks for your fast answer!

I guess i wrote everything a bit wrong. I'm familiar with the workflow and went through your tutorials a lot of times. But it won't make a difference.. I've started over and over again, removed everything from LR and made the Metadata initialization! Still no success.. The gradients are not the problem, i didn't touch them in first place and got those results.. In this case, I tried to remove them in order to see, if it would make a difference. No success..

But what do you mean with the first sentence? That i haven't applied the holy grail wizard at all? How can I not, when i go through the workflow 1:1 like your tutorials?..

I could send you a edited video of my workflow. Where i highlight every important step. Maybe you can then find the mistakes i make.

Thank you
#4 Gunther
Yes, send me a video of what you did.
support (at) lrtimelapse.com

Sent mobile...
#5 DaRaphi
I did, thanks! Hope you can find the mistakes i'm making.

Do you think, that the Intervall is the problem? Because i have to stop my intervalometer in order to control the camera again and make the adjustments.
#6 Gunther
I've already answered via email, but I'll copy my answer here as reference for others:

I think the problem here might be that you used the non-linear tools in the basic panel of LRTimelapse to great extent.
Lightroom will apply those tools differently based on the content of the image. And the larger the holly grail adjustments, the bigger the difficulties to getting them matched. Basically Lightroom edits images with different brightnesses and same tools with different contrast. After matching the brightnesses with the HG Wizard, the contrast changes will stay. Contrast changes cannot be removed via deflicker.

It's always better to do 1/3 stops adjustments only, but even then, if you edit like you did, it wont work so well due to the way Lightroom handles those tools.

To clarify: you used shadows, highlights, whites nearly to full extent. That's way too much. Use the tone curve instead to do the basic contrast editing and the tools in the basic panel only very carefully.
There is also a faq explaining this: https://lrtimelapse.com/news/use-the-new...me-lapses/
Please try again with different editing. Next time do the smallest adjustments possible when shooting the holy grail.

...also check out: