• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy Grail - exposure spikes not recognised?

#1 NCHANT
Heya,

Just working on a holy grail time-lapse tonight, however LRTimelapse doesn't seem to recognize half of my exposure spikes? See screenshot attached.

I'm following the tutorial but this seems to happen with most of my timelapses lately Sad

is there anything I can do?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Probably they are lower then the threshold for the detection set in the LRTimelapse settings. Go to expert-settings and set the threshold to 0.2 - then reinitialize and apply the keyframes wizard again should get you going.

You should take care to only change the camera settings in one direction, the way you did it might deliver inferior results.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 NCHANT
Ah yes, it was already on 0.2, it found all the spikes at 0.05 Smile

Thank you!!

Another question, sometimes LRTimelapse will create keyframes, but not rank the stars on the XML files? Reloading in LR5 doesn't present any starred files? How can I repair this?
#4 NCHANT
Hey gwegner,

Again having issues with keyframes, LRTimelapse isn't creating any at the moment. I've trashed the XML files a few times now but still no new keyframes are created when saving from LRTimelapse.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?
#6 NCHANT
Thank you, I am following those to a T now, and on my 2nd half of this timelapse edit, I am only getting ONE 2 star keyframe? And also struggling to get the whitebalance to change smoothly, LRTimelapse is somehow picking up a different white balance to what I have edited and jumping between it. Quite frustrating!

Is there a simpler workflow where I can just pre-determine keyframes myself and get LRTimelapse to change between them automatically? I have tried the HG and de-flickering and Basic workflow, they don't seem to be working for me Sad

The older version worked 99% flawlessly, this one I seem to be struggling – and I usually grasp these things pretty quick.

EDIT: Ok, started from scratch gain, then after creating other keyframes and editing the **** frames with my own settings, in particular the White Balance I set to 5400. Save metadata from lightroom, reload in LRTimelapse, Autotransition Special – This changes my white balance on the **** keyframes up to 5850!! It will not recognise my custom white balance settings. I have dumped the xml files and tried a few times now to the same effect Sad
#7 Gunther
There must be something wrong like you did it. Autotransition special will only animate between the 4* keyframes - everything except Exposure and Crop. So just make sure to have the right Whitebalances for all of the 4* keyframes, then it should work.
#8 NCHANT
Seems to only create 4* keyframes at the end of the sequence, none at the start or middle. I'm re-downloading LRTimelapse and will see if anything changes.

Update: now it's creating the 4* frames where I want them, however I am setting my custom WB, saving in LR, reloading in LRT, Auto-transitioning special (All but HG) and then it resets the WB to how it was taken!!! frustrating...

Update #2: Restarted the TL editing again, now when I create other keyframes, I put 10 in (All but HG) and it's only creating 3 4* keyframes towards the end of the sequence.
#9 Gunther
Is your sequence properly initialized? Is it sorted correctly? Did you set the sorting in Lightroom to "Date/Time" as well?
Are there any errors in the logfile after doing this (info/log)?

...also check out: