• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy Grail - first attempt!

Video
#1 terrymullen
Hi all!

I'd be interested to know what you think of my first attempt at a "Holy Grail" day to night timelapse which you can find here:

https://youtu.be/Iy9yod-OG3g

This was at Durlston, Swanage, Dorset, UK, for 2 hours starting 30 min after sunset on 9th October 2018.

I used qDSLRdashboard running on a tablet, I also used the intervalometer in the app.

I can see some improvements I need to make but if anyone has any suggestions for refinements I would appreciate receiving them.

I would particularly like to ask about refining the de-flickering process: after two passes I still had the pink line on the screen going outside the green band. I will see if I can upload a screenshot. How should I change the settings to improve this? I can still see some brightness changes when it plays.

Does it run too fast ? Too slowly?

Look forward to hearing your comments!

Terry M
#2 hugebob
I'm going to try one of these with the Milky Way later this year! I like it! There's some flickering. But, I'm sure you solved this by now. If you have anymore out there, please share!
#3 rodrigo
Hi Terry nice one. what date did you take it?
#4 harrystranger
I think this is amazing for a first attempt! As for speed, I think its good how it is but have a play and see what you like Smile
First attempt
TGPhoto
2022-02-24, 04:05
Last Post: TGPhoto

...also check out: