• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy-Grail Keyframes 'Not Working'

#1 CSSmedia
I would like to report a possible bug with LRT version 4.7.4

It appears the holy-grail keyframes are not correcting or having any effect on the exposure at the end of the workflow.

I am using the Visual Workflow to process a sunset sequence that was shot using the holy-grail technique.

When the sequence is initialised, LRT automatically creates the holy-grail keyframes, after which I add manual keyframes so that I can make adjustments in Lightroom.

After completing the edits in Lightroom, reloading metadata in LRT, auto-transitioning and saving the metadata - I turn on Visual Previews to complete the deflicker stage of the workflow.

It is at this point when the purple exposure graph shows clearly that the holy-grail keyframes are 'not working'.

Please see the screenshots showing my keyframes and the visual previews graph.

Anything you can suggest to rectify this problem?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Hi, I'm quite sure that this is not a bug. It might be that the adjustments didn't get applied in your case, but it's most likely an error in the workflow.
Do you have the latest Adobe DNG Converter installed? That's the first thing to check. To make sure, just download and install it from the adobe page, you'll find the link on http://lrtimelapse.com/install.

Then I'd suggest that you reinitialize the sequence (metadata / initialize) then apply only the keyframes wizard and the holy grail wizard. Now save and activate the Visual previews. Do you see the corrections being applied? Remember that the pink curve will not necessarily be totally smooth - but you should definitely see that the holy grail wizard hat a big effect.

If this works, you can go though the whole workflow again. Make sure to use the sync script (not copy/paste) - otherwise you will destroy the adjustments that the HG-Wizard did.
Check out this faq posts too:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how-...ync-script
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-keyf...vise-versa
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 CSSmedia
Hi Gunther,

Happy New Year to you!

Thanks as ever for getting back on this so fast.

I have installed the latest Adobe DNG Converter to be sure and tried again as per your instructions.

Unfortunately the holy-grail keyframes are still not having any effect. The purple luminance curve of the Visual Previews still replicates an identical trend to the original un-touched sequence.

What's interesting is that the HG keyframe controls - Offset, Rotate & Stretch - do not have any effect on the HG keyframes in the first row of the Visual Workflow.

I will also say that I always use the sync script - never copy/paste.

Also, when I originally processed the sequence, the Lightroom edits did appear in the visual previews - it's just the HG keyframes that don't seem to be taking effect.

What else can you suggest?

Thank you.
#4 CSSmedia
Hi Gunther,

Sorry to pester you, but do you have any more input on this problem?

Thank you again.
#5 Gunther
There seem to be something wrong with that sequence, since there are no values in the Exif-Columns on your screenshots (Exposure/Aperture/Date-Time etc.). I'd suggest to do "Metadata/Initialize". Let the Exif Data load (those columns should be filled). Check the log file for any errors. If the sequence is corrupt, you might get errors and the holy grail wizard won't work.
#6 CSSmedia
Thankfully, the issue is now resolved.

It appears the source of the problem was the file naming of the folder in which the sequence was contained.

After copying the sequence to a blank folder and retrying the Visual Workflow within LRT, everything works as expected.

Your help is much appreciated as ever.
#7 Gunther
Good, great that it's working now. It's always good to not ignore warnings that LRTimelapse gives... :-)

...also check out: