• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy Grail Keyframes Visual Deflicker

#1 spiritLed
Hello,

I would like LRTimelapse to be able to automatically compare the Holy Grail keyframes using 'visual deflicker' so that the transition between exposure jumps is more accurate and the results are independent of the global 'visual deflicker.' Some of my time lapses have the sun passing behind tree branches in which a "flicker" or "pulsing" of light intensity is normal and should not be corrected for. So for that reason I'd like to be able to control Holy Grail keyframe deflickering separate from global deflicker.

I imagine that it would also be useful to be able to choose how many frames (before and after the Holy grail keyframes) are used to determine the deflickering.

Thank you and much for your hard work on this awesome program!

Best,
Chris
#2 Gunther
Hi Chris, there is no difference between those two effects. Deflicker always works globally, not locally. Most likely what you are experiencing is overexposed areas around the sun that are pulsating - this is nothing that any program can fix, since it's just image information missing in the overexposed areas. If you experience this effect frequently, make sure to expose less (darker) in the future and make smaller, regular adjustments to the camera (1/3 stops). Best would be to use qDslrDashboard and Auto Holy Grail to get the transitions as smooth as possible.
The background is that images with a visible sun, will always have a very high dynamic range, since the sun is so bright that it will always be overexposed. Additionaly a smaller or bigger area around the sun will be overexposed too. If you now change the camera settings, this overexposed area will get bigger or smaller - leading to the pulsating that you are experiencing.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: