• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Holy grail shooting light troubles

#1 Tonny
Good afternoon,

I have started to shoot day to night timelapses and I am having issues with the light. It is not just flickering, there are sudden light increases without changing the parameters or ambient light changes. I always shoot in manual mode and manual focus. I have a lot of them, but these are quite big and I don´t know why. 

With a good editing and the good performance of the LRTimelapse I can solve mostly these issues but it is a headache not to find out what is happening.

[size=small][Image: http://img.fenixzone.net/i/rPyYnZ4.png][/size] Copiar
[size=small][Image: http://img.fenixzone.net/i/wHco2Am.png][/size] Copiar
[Image: http://img.fenixzone.net/i/YUeT875.png]
#2 Gunther
That's indeed strange, if the camera settings are always the same. Maybe some realy weird sort of the aperture getting stuck? Maybe the lens is somehow broken? Please try with another lens.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Tonny
Thanks Gunther. I´ll try with another lens. But if it was a lens problem, should not be happening always?. When I shoot night timelapses or with constant light I don´t have those issues. The diaphragm and the lens work both well.
#4 Gunther
I was just guessing, hard to really say without having more details. Just try shooting a test sequence without any holy grail. See if you can reproduce the problems.

sent mobile via tapatalk...
#5 Tonny
Thanks again. I will shoot a holy grail with another lens and I will try also with another camera.
I shot two night timelapses and two tests at home with same camera and lens without light fluctuations.
If you think of any details that can help to identify the problem please let me now.
#6 Gunther
If your problems persist, please give me more details about your setup and workflow.
#7 Tonny
I usually shot the timelapses with the Canon 70D and the Tokina 11-16 so, I run two tests simultaneously at the same place with same settings and adjustments. Now I am inclined to think that it is a lens problem. I just have to find out what the problem is.

First picture is with a Canon 700D and Tokina 11-16.
Second picture is with a Canon 70D and Canon 15-85

Thanks again for your time and your help.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#8 Gunther
Second picture looks perfectly.
1rst picture, the peaks are not normal. It could be either the aperture getting stuck (lens problem) or the shutter getting stuck (camera problem). I'd interchange the lenses to narrow down those options.
#9 Tonny
I already interchanged the lenses. First I was shooting with the tokina and the 70D with those issues. I changed the tokina lens to the 700D and same issues. But no issues with the 70D with another lens. I should take the lens to a camera shop for a review.

...also check out: