• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

flickers or files that are different

#1 DaveHi50
I have been processing a short time lapse and have a number of frames that don't seem to update in light-room. These cause an flicker when the video is played. I have tried numerous times to reload and have LRT create transitions - then save XMP. I go to LR and select all- read metadata. The files are noticeable different than the adjacent files. I have attached a screen shot of one of these situations[Image: http://postimg.org/image/7ts2hftf9/]

Im not sure what Im doing wrong… any suggestions?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 DaveHi50
I went into LR to look for a notable difference in the frames. What I found was the tone curve in the keyframe was different than the adjacent frames. I had adjusted this value in editing using the slider controls, not the click and drag. This transition doesn't seem to be updating.
#3 Gunther
Hi Dave,
tha parametric tone curve normally is supported - maybe the tone-curve preset is different or something else went wrong.
I suggest synchronizing the tonecurve settings of the first keyframe to all frames and then redo the changes. Make sure to not use a "custom" tone curve.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 DaveHi50
Gunther,
You were right, the curve was set to custom… Im not sure how this happened. I went back to the beginning and re-initialized and went through the process again, taking care to only use the lineal settings. At the final meta data read by LR, I notice 3 frames darker the the others. These frames had somehow changed to custom tone curve…. I went into the frame - copied the settings in the previous frame and pasted these settings in the dark frame. I exported this and had LRT render the video. It was much better. I have noticed this in other renders that I have done but just accepted it as a glitch. This was a valuable lesson for me. Im not sure the reason, if you have any suggestions or comments please let me know.

Thanks,
Dave

...also check out: