• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 imveloART
Hi

Here is a shot of my shot. I did it exactly like you explained in the video tutorial you did named "LRTimelapse 1.4 - the holy grail - my day-to-night workflow"

Could you PLEASE tell me what am I doing wrong.

It still have a exposure jump in my clip between the two shots.

Joe
#2 Gunther
Hi Joe,
what do you mean with "exposure" jump? You will only see the result in the output video, not in LRTimelapse - there you only see the original previews, they don't change!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 imveloART
(2011-11-26, 13:23)gwegner Wrote: Hi Joe,
what do you mean with "exposure" jump? You will only see the result in the output video, not in LRTimelapse - there you only see the original previews, they don't change!

Here the clip, look at 4 sec 10 frames - Where I adjusted the exposure on the camera while shooting, the clip still have the exposure jump in it at 4sec 10frames

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K75DtCyLH...e=youtu.be
#4 Gunther
Looks like you've done something wrong. Try to follow the workflow, check in Lightroom after importing the Sequence processed by LRTimelapse if the adjacent Keyframe images look same!
#5 imveloART
(2011-11-26, 14:30)gwegner Wrote: Looks like you've done something wrong. Try to follow the workflow, check in Lightroom after importing the Sequence processed by LRTimelapse if the adjacent Keyframe images look same!

Hi

OK I went out and shot another timelapse and got it working this time around, thank you.
I notice that you have to get the 2 shots following on each other (where you change your exposure) have to mach very good in order for it to look good.
I also noticed that you changed your ISO during the shooting time, what would you recommend when would it be the best to change your ISO? (What I mean is when the exposure dropped with how many stops 'EV' would you go ahead and change the ISO)
What is your opinion on what exposure difference between the shots can a RAW file handle? 1 stop, 2 stops or 3.

Thanks
Joe
#6 Gunther
(2011-11-28, 10:12)imveloART Wrote: I notice that you have to get the 2 shots following on each other (where you change your exposure) have to mach very good in order for it to look good.
Yes, that's the key. You must try to get it to look the same otherwise you get a jump.

Quote:What is your opinion on what exposure difference between the shots can a RAW file handle? 1 stop, 2 stops or 3.
It depends a bit from your camera. Normally 2-3 steps should be fine. Check your histogram to get a sense for that.

It's important that you make the change in Exposure/ISO from exactly one shoot to the other (adjacent shoots) otherwise it will get much harder when editing. The keyframes must be on adjacent images.
#7 imveloART
OK thank you.

When you do your adjustment on your camera, do you wait until the camera indicates the exposure is now +/- 2 stops under and then bump up the ISO +/- 2 stops so your camera meter indicates in the middle again.

OR do you let it overexposed, in other words when light has dropped +/- 2 stops and you then increase the ISO more than 2 stops, it would then indicate on the camera that it's over exposed.

Joe
#8 Gunther
I don't give much to the camera meter. I try to have a quick glimpse at the histogram if possible and than adjust exp/iso so that the histogram is being shifted to the right. It's okay to overexpose as long as you don't burn the highlights. Nearly everything except blown highlights can be corrected afterwards ins Lightroom.
#9 imveloART
(2011-11-28, 13:44)gwegner Wrote: I don't give much to the camera meter. I try to have a quick glimpse at the histogram if possible and than adjust exp/iso so that the histogram is being shifted to the right. It's okay to overexpose as long as you don't burn the highlights. Nearly everything except blown highlights can be corrected afterwards ins Lightroom.

Cool thanks

...also check out: