• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
#1 Gunther
Every develop parameter you are going to change anywhere in your sequence must be initialized.

Please always start your Workflow in LRTimelapse and let LRTimelapse initialize your Metadata, you are fine.

The formerly provided Basic-Preset is not as reliable so I dropped this approach. Please note that the Basic-Preset will not work ith LR4!
#2 Julian
Ah, I was looking for the Basic Preset but couldn't find it in LR4, the updated topic explains why.

I seem to have problems with the metadata though. I'm working from jpg-files (no raw available) taken with Nikon-camera's.
The files have already been loaded into lightroom, so I cleared the metadata there. There are no xmp-files to delete since i'm working in jpg.

On loading in LRTimelapse sometimes it seems to work, but then while editing not all the parameters are working. For example white balance and lens correction were only adjusted in the keyframes, after saving the new metadata and loading it into Lightroom it wasn't applied to the other frames, the other changes did work though.

So I thought i'd try the 'Basic Preset' method to see if it would bring any luck...

How can I figure out where it goes wrong?
#3 Gunther
Hi, you should first initialize the Metadata in LRTimelapse. Select all images (CTRL-A) and than CTRL-I to initialize all. Than save and load the Metadata in LRTimelapse.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 Julian
Yes, that is what I do... Should I delete the files from the Lightroom catalog first, before opening them in LRTimelapse? I might try doing that...
#5 Gunther
No, that's not necessary as long as you read the metadata for the initialized sequence into Lightroom. Do this in grid-view (G) after hitting Ctrl-A.
#6 Julian
I figured out what I did wrong. I didn't select all images first in LRT before pressing Ctrl+I.
Seems to be working perfectly now, thanks!

#7 Gunther
Fine!
#8 walter.c.wallace@gmail.com
On the english tutorial your instructions say to start in Lightroom. Are the instructions on the tutorial still valid?

Here is the link to the tutorial:

http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrti...al-english

Thanks again for all that you do.
#9 Gunther
No, this is an old Tutorial (LRTimelapse 1.1 - now we have 1.9!) please always check the tutorial on the main page!

...also check out: