• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How do you know how much room you have to crop when using a TL in a 1080p video?

#1 Novelectro
I'm starting to put timelapses into some of my films but I'm never quite sure just how much I can move around in my timelapse (if I want to pan for example but didn't use any motion while filming) and still have the end clip be at least 1080p resolution. 

Do you guys have any easy way of knowing how much room you've got?  Suppose I render a TL rom LRTimelapse in 4k and want to insert that clip into a 1080p sequence, and pan from left to right.
#2 Gunther
When you crop in Lightroom you can tap the i-key, this will cycle through the info displays. One will provide you with the cropped size in pixels.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Novelectro
(2017-08-31, 09:29)gwegner Wrote: When you crop in Lightroom you can tap the i-key, this will cycle through the info displays. One will provide you with the cropped size in pixels.

Wow I never knew that existed.  That's awesome thank you.

So when you know you're going to be ending up at say, 1080p in a video then you create your movement in LRtimelapse and make sure that the most you crop in is 1920 x 1080?  Is that right?
#4 Gunther
Or bigger...

Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 stefan.binder89@gmail.com
I'll check that out as well, maybe I can change my workflow.

I did it the same like you Novelectro, I just make timelapses 4k static (sometimes already moving, if I know exactly how I like it in the end).
And when I make the "movie", I can move the 4k around.

...also check out: