• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

How to align layer of pic with LRT Timelapse program?

#1 Tachipa
My camera had moved when i took photo and i want to align layer of pics, How to do that? pleaseee, Thank you
#2 Gunther
Next time use a stable tripod. Stabilizing in post is difficult, you'd need spezial stabilization modules like Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro or Fina Cut Pro offer.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Tachipa
thank you
#4 chasg
I've had this happen a couple of times, and it's maddening! 

If it's a single move, meaning: if you've only bumped the tripod once, then I find it's easier to fix in Lightroom than by using stabilising software (e.g. Warp Stabilise in AfterEffects). This only works if it's a small move, hopefully you didn't bump the tripod a lot :-)

What I do is find the two photos that bracket the tripod bump (the frame before you bumped the tripod, and the frame right next to it after you bumped the tripod). Then I crop both a little bit by the exact same amount, align one to the other, and apply the relevant crops to the rest of the photos in the sequence. It'll take some trial and error, but if you're careful, you'll get the two photos lined up.

Here's a step-by-step. 

Let's call the photo before the tripod bump Photo A, and the photo after the tripod bump Photo B.

1. crop both A and B in a bit, so that you can move the photos inside the crops. Make sure you crop them both exactly the same amount (sync or auto-sync the crop). The amount you crop will depend on how much the tripod moved, you'll need to experiment.

2. Let's assume we've decided to move A in its crop rectangle to match it with B (which we won't move). Move A inside the crop rectangle (the crop tool will need to be active), and then click over to Photo B to see if it matches. Repeat until it does match. You might have to move right/left, up/down, and rotate (but hopefully not rotate, that's more difficult). 

3. Once you have A and B matching perfectly, then apply Photo A's crop to all photos before A, and Photo B's crop to all photos after B. 

This should get you a sequence that is nicely aligned :-)

Good luck!

Chas
#5 Gunther
Additionally make sure to set a 5* keyframe on the image before the crop change and another subsequent 5* keyframe on the image after the crop change. Then LRTimelapse will not overwrite the crop change on auto transition and nicely connect the crop changes, should you have more then one bump also.
#6 chasg
Good point Gunther, but I should have made it clear that I do all this cropping after LRT has completed all edits :-)
#7 Gunther
Sure, but it you have a couple of such bumps, you should do it when editing the keyframes (and additional those 5* ones), and use the auto transition to connect everything including the crop corrections.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...

...also check out: