• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to deflicker time lapse - 2 Pass advanced workflow

#11 cny_ap
Why not have LR-Timelapse make multiple passes (which would require code changes to LR-timelapse) instead of manually doing one pass on the raw files and another on the jpegs? I think doing two (or 3 or 4) passes is not the same as increasing the effect but doing only one pass (right?).
#12 Gunther
You are right, the effect is not the same. Sure it would be nice if LRTimelapse could do the intermediate passes - only problem is that the development is done by Adobe Camera RAW / Lightroom, and I fear it well not be possible to run them seemless as batch in Background...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 cny_ap
Oops - I forgot that you are not actually altering the image data. Does LR-Timelapse attempt to 100% fix the flickering? I haven't run it in a few days, I also can't remember if the deflcikering has a control for how "strong" it is. I gues the problem is that it is nearly impossible for the deflickering algorithm to know exactly how much a change in exposure (in the sidecar files) will alter the brightness - it's an "open loop" process is the other issue (2nd pass, on the joeg files, makes it more "closed loop").

Shooting a bracketed sunrise right now...
#14 pengpeng
I want to 3nd pass, I do it same as 2nd, but LRtimelapse tell me some photo not Metadata.
What's wrong?
#15 Gunther
(2011-05-09, 06:12)pengpeng Wrote: I want to 3nd pass, I do it same as 2nd, but LRtimelapse tell me some photo not Metadata.
What's wrong?

You should change the exposure of the new generated JPGs a little bit, sync and write metadata. See: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-rule-no-1
#16 leandroprz
I've seen a few video tutorials where people first color grade the images using Bridge/Lightroom and THEN use LRTimelapse to deflicker. Is this OK or do I need to first deflicker with LRTimelapse and THEN color grade using Adobe software?
#17 Gunther
it's okay, to first color grade. You should only take into account what I wrote regarding the image processing: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-i-tr...flickering
#18 spkennedy3000
Hi,

LRTimelapse is great, but I am having the Deflicker problem. Can you please tell me how to export the sequence as jpegs from Bridge so that I can use this two-pass method?

I used tools>photoshop>image processor, but somehow the new files are remembered by LRTimelapse - the metadata and adjustments etc.

I expected when I used the image processor that the changes made in Camera Raw would then be embedded into the new jpegs and no adjustments would be there, but this does not seem to be the case?

#19 Gunther
Hi, check out the workflow at http://lrtimelapse.com/#tabs-8-0-4 - Step 4b) Post processing as a JPG-Sequence

The key would be to check "minimize metadata" (or similar, I don't have bridge here currently) when exporting.
#20 screamer
hey guys, this 2 pass technique works like a charm Smile i love it, really way better than 1 pass only, especially with challenging scenes. And i suppose, in very very challenging scenes, this concept could be expanded to 3 or 4 passes, all the passes needed Wink

...also check out: