• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

how to get holy grail using internal timer in qdslr dashboard

#1 j.j. huckin
i appreciate all the help and follow up on this board.  its really great that you all are so active.  i am heading to greenland to shoot a professional landscape video for a travel company and I'm really stressed that as of now i still don't have a workable solution to shoot the holy grail.  i have a canon 5d mark III and a tp link router and iPad mini 2 running qdslr dashboard.  through much trial and error i have been able to control the camera with qdslr as my iPad now runs the qdslr dashboard and all devices recognize each other.  the problem is that when i have the usb to mini usb cable connecting the tp link router and the camera...it cause4s my camera to blink "busy" if i try to start the intervalometer to activate the shutter and take pictures.  even when i unplug the intervalometer and try to press the shutter button on my camera and take a picture manually...it says busy as long as the usb is connected between my camera and the tp link router.  so its not the intervalometer that is the problem...it is the usb being plugged in.  obviously i need the camera and tp link router to be able to communicate so they must be plugged in.  so...
the only option seems to use the internal intervalometer within qdslr.  i am not sure where that is and how PRECISELY to set it up so that i get proper functionality with getting the shot.  i need to have the slowest shutter speed set to 30 seconds and iso of 6400 because I'm trying to capture the full milky way at night.  i only have one night to practice because I'm leaving for greenland and i won't have internet service.  can you please give me EXACT directions because i just don't have enough time to have something not be clear and have to keep writing back.

my question is simply...

'using the equipment and gear that i have and having to use qdslr dashboard...what do i do...step by step...to shoot a holy grail that starts before sunset and shoots for 4 hours into the depth of night to capture the milky way???  don't be afraid to insult me by being very simplistic and describing the specifics.  i am so thankful.  i have invested so much time in this workflow and now I'm out of time and really hope this can still be done.  

THANK YOU SO SO VERY MUCH!!

jj
#2 Gunther
I don't know why the camera shows "busy", this is not normal, only Zoltan, the author of qDDB can answer this, please ask in his forum: http://dslrdashboard.info

The initervalometer is on the LRT page in qDslrDashboard. There is a nice documentation on the website mentioned above too.
I'd practice everything before doing big professional shots. This is nothing you will learn in 2 days, I'm afraid.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 j.j. huckin
(2015-08-24, 11:27)gwegner Wrote: I don't know why the camera shows "busy", this is not normal, only Zoltan, the author of qDDB can answer this, please ask in his forum: http://dslrdashboard.info

The initervalometer is on the LRT page in qDslrDashboard.  There is a nice documentation on the website mentioned above too.
I'd practice everything before doing big professional shots. This is nothing you will learn in 2 days, I'm afraid.

ok ill check that out.  i leave in the morning so hopefully i can get something figured out if not...ill just do night timeless.  thank you for the reply though.

...also check out: