• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to handle minor changes in focal lenght

#1 Krimolvig
Hi,

I shot a 4 hours holy grail sequence before with quite good conditions. However, I've realized that 4-5 times during the sequence there is a minor change in the view, maybe 0,xx milimeters in the focal lenght. 

What would be the best way to handle this?
I tryed to crop it to match in LR but found this quite challenging. Is it better to fix it in post video processing? Maybe Adobe AE?

I know one of the incidents came from deattaching my PL filter, which I learned wasnt a good idea!
Running Molvig Media Timelapse-company | Vimeo | Youtube | Facebook

#2 Gunther
Maybe you had autofocus on? Fixing this could be very hard if not impossible.
If it's only a shift, after effects and the warp stabilizer might help.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Krimolvig
Luckily I did have M-focus!
Yeah the warp stabilizer is what I thought about too. I've give it a try, and ignore the shift in the process for now Smile

Maybe I'll post the result to show how powerful the Holy grail function in LRTimelapse is.
Thank you!

#4 Krimolvig
A litle off-topic, but can I apply ordinary (blue keyframes) on a image thats been marked with orange holy-grail keyframe?

#5 Gunther
Np, leave the orange ones in place and put the blue ones, where you have "room" next to the orange ones. The auto keyframes button in LRT does it this way too. If you overwrite the orange ones, the holy grail wizard will fail.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 Krimolvig
Finally I got quite satisfied with the result. The raw-materials itself had a lot of flickering, this were handled almost perfectly with the LRT holy-grail wizard and the deflickering. What an great software, impressing!
I also used adobe after effects to fix the shifting. This were done by applying the warp stabilizer effect with 10% stabilizing with no motion. This zoomed my sequence by about 5%. I've added a ken burn effect in post video editing to give it some more motion.

https://vimeo.com/213515366

If another attempt I would have more of the sunset and a couple of seconds more with stars, but the weather betrayed me. Another thing that im not quite satisfied with is the long period of nothing between the sunset and the stars. I shot with '30 sec interval, maybe I should increased it..

...also check out: