• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to integrate Photoshop edits?

#1 JRHutson
I found a location with a great view that happens to be right next to a parking lot.

After shooting a long sequence, I ended up with some distracting flashes in the foreground from people's headlights.

I was able to do some editing in Photoshop and pull the foreground from frames without the headlights into the ones where they appear, but Photoshop saves the edits as TIFF files.

I can select the sequence in Lightroom and export to LRTimelapse with the TIFFs included, but the deflicker was thrown off by the added brightness in the raw image. So there is flicker in other parts of the frame in the sections that I edited.

Is there a workflow where I could make these edits and pull the edited frames of the sequence into the Holy Grail Wizard and other steps?
#2 Gunther
You cannot mix Raw Files with JPG or even Tiff in LRTimelapse. Also LRTimelapse doesn't support TIFF as input files.

You should do the LRTimelapse workflow first, then export the intermediary sequence and do the edits on those exported images.

Check out Expert Tips Video #10 for an advanced workflow on how to do this correctly: https://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial/expert/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 JRHutson
Thanks Gunther.

I don't have After Effects but seeing the workflow is helpful to figure out a solution with the tools I have.

I also found the Deflicker Tutorial helpful as I hadn't been aware I could set the reference area for the deflicker to use.

Somehow I enabled it previously without knowing what I was doing and now the reference area is animated. Is there a way to set the reference area back to being static? The remove deflicker button seems to only impact the values for the frames not the sample area placement or animation.

Regan
#4 Gunther
Double click on the preview to remove all reference areas, single click to remove the current "key"-reference area.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 JRHutson
Awesome. Thank you.

...also check out: