• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to setup Pixel Tw-283 to go with QDDB?

#1 Dannytym
Hi guys,

I'm new to Timelapse and I'm trying to use QDBB and would like some assistance.

I watched Gunther video tutorial about using QDBB for the Holy Grail and noticed he suggested using external intervalometer to trigger the shutter.

I have Pixel TW-283 and was hoping to incorporate that with the the QDBB.

With the intervalometer it is different from the QDBB and Nikon timelapse setup, where I need to setup the long exposure PLUS separate interval time.

Question is if there is a workaround in the Pixel TW-283 where QDBB drives the exposure instead?

Thanks in advance.
#2 Gunther
In general, it doesn't matter which intervalometer you use. Just make sure to not set any exposure on the intervalometer. Exposure will always be controlled by the camera in M mode (and possibly be changed by qDDB).
So set your intervalometer to the shortest exposure possible, normally 200 ms - there should by a value below 1 sec - maybe you can turn the exposure time off at all. Then just set the interval and unlimited number of shots.
Unfortunately most of the "China" intervalometers are not really good in terms of usability and performance.
That's the reason, why I felt the need to create the LRT PRO Timer: https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Dannytym
Hi Gunther,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I'll try and see if I can turn off the exposure time in the external intervalometer.

Yeah Im thinking of getting your new Pro Timer but it won't arrive until next year so thought I give this a go as I already have this.

The other thing with my external intervalometer is the interval is the dark time, not the exposure plus dark time.

I need to figure out how to make it work with QDDB.
#4 Gunther
Hi, the LRT Pro Timer is already available at emotimo.com in the US.

Regarding the interval time: are you sure? I don't know of any timer the treats the interval in such a wrong way. In any case, if you work without dedicated exposure time, it wouldn't make a difference at all.

Sent mobile...
#5 Dannytym
Yeah I'm pretty sure thats how Pixel intervalometer works and it's strange.

So I need to setup N1 (number of sequence) the Exposure Setting called Long (and lowest is 0 sec) then followed by Interval which is the dark time.

i noticed you used to have an old Pixel intervalometer. Could you advise what model that was and how you have it setup to work with QDDB?

I looked up other Pixel model TW-282 and it had the same instructions to setup.

It's annoying because it messes up QDDB setup as they are out of sync.
#6 Gunther
When working with the Pixel TC 252 I always set everything to 0. Exposure, long, etc. all 0 or "-". Then it will shoot unlimited and only briefly trigger the camera.
Quote:It's annoying because it messes up QDDB setup as they are out of sync.
This surprises me because technically it cannot happen. qDDB will only listen to the camera being triggered and then read the images from the camera. Of course you must NOT use the internal intervalometer in qDDB!! qDDB doesn't know at all about the interval.
Only set the external intervalometer to trigger the camera. In qDDB just go to the LRT page and work like I explained in this tutorial: https://lrtimelapse.com/gear/dslrdashboard/
#7 Dannytym
Hi Gunther,
Thank you so much for your help!

I go with your thoughts and tried it out and can counted number of shots taken and it matched the external intervalometer. Managed to control the camera settings with QDBB and external intervalometer now.

If QDDB can control the settings using the Auto Holygrail setting, would I need to run LRTimelapse or can go straight into LR to adjust the images in batches?

Thanks,
DT
#8 Gunther
You need to use the holy grail wizard in LRTimelapse to level out the jumps in exposure.

Sent mobile...

...also check out: