• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

How to Sync Keyframes and where do I find the new Sync Script?

#1 Malko
Hello community,

LRT4 workflow respectively Gunhther recommends to use the Sync Keyframe Script to take over edits to the next keyframes.

I am just not able to find this menue or am I overviewing something? I am using LRT4 in combination with LR5. Possible to attach a snapshot?

So, is it wrong to still use the copy and paste method in LR5?

TIA
#2 Gunther
I'd not use Copy/Paste or the native Sync because it would overwrite the background adjustments for Holy Grail leveling and Deflicker that LRTimelapse 4 creates.

On Windows you'll find the Scripts Menu on the top right of your menu bar.

On Mac in the menu bar you'll find a little script roll on the right instead of the text "Scripts".

In the instructions you'll find screenshots for both: https://lrtimelapse.com/workflow/visual-workflow/

If you can't see the "Scripts" Menu on your system, please follow me to this thread: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrt4...-installed
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#3 Malko
Thanks for the prompt answer Gunther :-)

The workflow desrciption confused me, since it states: "Now launch LRTimelapse Sync Keyframes from the Scripts menu"

Instead of "launch LRTimelapse Sync Keyframes.. " I would expect "launch in Lightroom LRTimelapse Sync Keyframes.."
#4 itsskin
And what is a problem with default metadata sync in LR (I guess in Bridge too)?
#5 Gunther
The problem is that it will destroy the background adjustments for holy grail leveling and deflicker.
If you want to use the normal sync or copy / paste then you have to uncheck the gradients, this - of course will then as well prevent your custom gradients from being copyed. That's the reason for the sync script.
#6 ranieriphoto
Gunther first off I wanted to say how super excited I am about LRT4! Great work!

However, I too am having trouble with accessing the "scripts" menu in LR6 for MAC.

I checked very thoroughly but the scripts menu is not there at all, it looks as though the upgrade from LRT3 to LRT4 is missing some stuff? I attached a screenshot to show you...

In addition, the keyframe filters are still from LRT3 not the newer LRT4 ones. Any ideas on where/what went wrong? Thanks!
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#7 Gunther
Obviously the new addons have not been installed then.

Please check out that you dont have "store presets with catalog" activated, see:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrt3...-lightroom

Then reinstall lrtimelapse and try again.

BTW: The scripts menu on mac is only a small "script"-roll on the right of the menu bar.
#8 ranieriphoto
Thanks for the reply Gunther. Yes I agree the addons were not installed.

I have replicated the issue on my laptop as well. It seems that in certain circumstances, if you have UPGRADED from LR5 to LR6, it does not somehow install or register all of its components necessary even though it seems to function perfectly.

I have fixed the issue by: first using the "remove LRTimelapse" script to remove LRT4, then second re-install LR6. This time around it writes all files to the correct locations. I double checked in LR6 that the user scripts folder is in place too (it wasn't there before).

Once this was done I re-installed LRT4 and it now functions as it should!
#9 Fainalcat
    Hello all,

I work on Mac and I have the pro version installed of LRtimelapse 4 and Lightroom 5;

Sorry to ask about that, but I have 2 issues:
1.--I don't have the script option on the menu in Lightroom 5.
I installed LRTimelapse 4 2 weeks ago, and I just saw the tutorial for it now and I just realized that do not have the script option on my menu.
2.-I also have problems with the export. I do have a pop up menu saying that I have wrong LRTExport version... Sometimes I do have the exports of images ok and sometimes not... How could I fix that?
#10 Gunther
Please install the latest version of LRTimelapse: http://lrtimelapse.com/download
Then try again. The LRTExport Dialog in Lightroom should show the same version then LRTimelapse itself.

...also check out: