• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to syncronize LRTimer PRO 2.5 with qDSLRdashboard

#1 gs87nt
Hi to you that are reading!

I have ordered the LRT PRO Timer. My main interest was the ramping of time interval. This function helps to have more stops of light by night. I mean that if you use an interval time of 4 seconds you can have exposures of 2 seconds about. Otherwise if the interval time becomes longer, for example until 15 seconds (in conseguence of the ramping) also the exposure time can be longer until 12 seconds about for example.

This is the key.

QDSLRdashboard works on three parameters during the "Auto Holy Grail" (if you had activated also the aperture ramping): exposure time, iso, aperture.

They are activated during the sunset in this order: exposure time, aperture, ISO. Otherwise, during the sunrise, the app works in the opposite order: ISO, aperture, exposure time. And the adjustments will be always in one direction, versus more or less exposure, it depends what you setted: sunrise or sunset.

Here there is the first consideration of my post: I can't change the order of the parameters of the correction of exposure (expsure time, ISO, aperture) of the Auto Holy Grail.

So for me this is the first problem when I'll use the interval ramping of LRT Pro Timer (but I have to check it during a session). I have to anticipate the start of the interval ramping because of the order of work of the qDSLRdashboard during the sunset. In this way the speed of the clouds will be faster before the end of the blue hour, because the exposure time ramping will be done before the start of the night time (after the blue hour). But probably I'll write at qDSLRdashboard's stuff to ask this.

So my question here is: how can I syncronize LRT Pro Timer with qDSLRdashboar during the Auto Holy Grail? This is not simple because if I setted my maximun aperture to 12 seconds I must be really precise in the ramping interval time and I have to start the ramping process on the LRT Pro Timer in the right moment, before the end of sunset! If I wont do this the app will stop the Auto Holy Grail because the interval time wont be enought for the exposure time setted!

And more I'll anticipate the starting time of interval ramping and more the acceleration of the clouds will be evident in my time lapse!

Thanks "for your time" at who has read all my post and thanks if you will respond to me to suggest me some tricks to have the right strategy.
#2 Gunther
It's easy: you just set the Max Exposure to the starting interval minus minimum-darktime. Then after you started the interval ramping you can increase the Longest Shutter setting accordingly while shooting. The Auto-Holy Grail will go back to exposure ramping, if it notices that there is "space" to ramp up.
Of course, interval ramping will lead to an acceleration of the movement of the clouds for example. But, if you do it between sunset and darkness, mostly it's not too obvious, especially if you use a long time span like an hour or so for the ramping.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 gs87nt
Thanks for your quick reply gwegner!

So I can change the maximum exposure time also during the Auto Holy Grail? Setting it from the start time of the Auto Holy Grail is not the only way to work? This is a good news for me!

"The app will go back to increase the exposure", great!
#4 Gunther
Yes, of course, you can freely edit the minimum and maximum values while the Holy Grail is running.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: