• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Suggestion regarding charging the battery

#1 mopperle
First I must say this is a real good peace of hardware. Congrats Gunther and thanks for all your efforts.

Regarding charging the battery:
Usually on most devices the progress is being displayed, either by numbers or by different states of the batter symbol, so that you can see, when it is fully charged.
The display of the Timer is simply blank. So adding such a charging status could be quite helpfull. Hopefully it is "only" a software-request and doesnt need any hardware changes.
Gruß/regards

Otto
#2 Gunther
I'm surprised to hear that - the LRT Pro Timer 2.5 has a battery indicator, that shows different types of status whether full, loading or empty. See the screenshots on https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt - so please clarify what you mean with "the display is simply blank" - did you eventually rotate the knob while shooting to one of the "dimmed" modes? Check out the manual on the timer homepage linked above to learn about the options.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 MMeier
Should this status also been showed when the timer is charged while it is switched off? Could not see this either. The screen is „blank“ when the timer is charged while being switched off. Or can one change the settings and see the status while charged also in switched off mode? May be turning the knob?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
#4 Gunther
No, when the timer is switched off, there is no indicator, because the display and processor are not powered at all and we didn't want to have any led on the device for obvious reasons. If you want to know the charging status, you need to turn on the timer.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 MMeier
Thanks Gunther for the explanation.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
#6 mopperle
Sorry Gunther that I was not clear enough. With "display blank" I meant exactly the situation where the battery is charged while the device is turned off.
Gruß/regards

Otto

...also check out: